I have a client that just Switched from a Blackberry to a Droid through US Cellular. I went to his office to set it up and cannot get it to sync with their Exchange server. It just says cannot connect. They have one other user using an older Droid that used to work the last time I checked but she doesn't have the phone anymore. But is there anything I can check. Email works fine. Is there something on the firewall that needs to be changed. I did the Active sync tester from Microsoft and it works. The only error it says is that there is no SSL cert but that has never prevented any other phone from Syncing with their Exchange 2003 server. I just don't know where to begin the phone doesn't give me much to go on.
I went to a US cellular store and they couldn't get their Demo phone to connect to his account either. (nor mine) As a troubleshooting step I have a droid through Sprint connected to my server. I deleted my account from it and tried to connect to his server from my phone and could not and I know my phone works.
Also on a weird not I tried adding my account to his phone to connect to my Exchange 2010 server and couldn't connect and I KNOW my server side works. Not sure how that helps but thought I'd mention it.