My issue is I suppose related to IIS where I have problems with memory management because I keep receiving “Out of Memory exception” in the scenario(s) give below.
Here are the scenarios where I face the problem:
1. The site/application is developed in ASP.Net and uploaded on a server with the following specs:
- Windows Server 2008 (R2) Standard
- Intel Xeon L5520@2.27GHz 2.27GHz
- RAM = 16GB
- System Type = 64bit
2. The application is event management based web application where the requirements include saving huge amount of data in Sessions etc (mentioning this in case it is relevant)
3. The applications/site works fine until we:
- Edit a file directly on the server
- Update a file from repository (we use tortoise SVN)
- Copy/Paste a file (we don’t usually edit code using this technique)
- Please note, all of the above hold true ONLY when the traffic to the site is high that is,
- The issue/error “Out of Memory” is not produced when the traffic/visits is low
: The memory usage stays between 3-6 GB
4. Details of:
- System Properties > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced
- Total paging file size for all drives: 16362 MB
5. In web.config
compilation debug=false batch=true
Is there any way we can debug this problem to the core and find out a solution. Can you please provide links/help where we can further investigate this problem?
Since there is a large number of images used on our website, we have set it up so the thumbnails are resized (to load the pages faster etc). The process of resizing this thumbnail breaks due to the above problem it seems cause when we refresh/recycle the IIS app pool, the image loads okay. Usually happens when the image file size exceeds 1MB. Is this related?
Let me know know if you require further information.