MS Exchange 2010 Brick level backup issue
Posted on 2011-09-28
I have a problem to create Brick level backup in exchange 2010.
This is the system:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1
Exchange Server 2010 Version: 14.01.0323.003
Perfect Backup as a backup utility.
When creating new brick level backup the backup utility shows only few mailboxes that I can select to backup. The backup program uses MAPI to access the mailboxes.
What I have done.
* Checked the permissions - the user who accesses the mailboxes has to have full access to them.
Get-Mailbox | Add-MailboxPermission -User user -AccessRights FullAccess
* Check if the account is mailbox-enabled
* Check if the accounts email address is not hidden from the Global Address List.
* Installed Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1
* Have checked the MAPI profile with MAPI editor
Created new user and did all the above things and the same result. When new mailbox is created it comes up in the brick level backup as well. So I'm thinking that has to be a permission issue.
Any help would me much appreciated.