I'm thinking of getting myself a triple monitor setup. These are a few scenario's I'd like to accomplish.
a) Having Visual Studio open on 1 screen, SQL manager on the second and on the third a remote desktop in 'full-screen'. The cursor should just continue from one screen to the next.
b) Having 2 explorers open and having the ability to drag files from the first monitor to the second (or third)
c) I'll be doing little gaming. i don't mind doing this only on the middle screen.
I have the following questions.
1) I'm assuming above scenario's are basic functionality, am I correct or do I need additional software?
2) Are there any differences in using a single gfx card with 3 outputs and using two gfx cards?
3) In case of 2 gfx cards, I'd like to buy one 'good' card for gaming and one 'less' card for the basic stuff (e.g. Sapphire HD 5450). Is this possible or do I need two identical cards? Or will the 'lesser' card drag down performance or something?
4) Can I use 4:3 monitor's or do I need widescreen's? Or this dependent on the resolutions the gfx card(s) support?
5) Any tips regarding a mounting construction?
6) Do you have any other suggestions I should take into account?
Thank you and kind regards!