Magento Setup - Copy development files to live store
I’m working on getting Magento set up on my VPS server and need some help. I have the newest stable version installed in a dev and live instance. Now, I am trying to figure out how to move the files I need from the dev instance to the live instance without interrupting the live instance. I have been following the Magento-provided instructions but the live site is not showing the theme on the front end and the information that is in the database I copied over is in the mySql db but isn’t showing in the backend of the Magento admin panel (things like customer and catalog items).
These are the steps I have followed:
1. SSH to public_html
2. mysqldump -h localhost -u devdbusername -pdevdbpassword devdbname | mysql -h localhost -u livedbusername -plivedbpassword livedbname
3. Update /app/etc/local.xml username, password and dbname
4. Update core_config_data web/unsecure/base_url & web/secure/base_url with live URL
5. Copy my theme folders to app/design/frontend/default/ & skin/frontend/default
6. Login to Magento admin and reindex
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.