How can I determine the preferred AD DNS server?
Posted on 2011-09-28
Points of My Scenario:
1. I am admin of a Windows Server 2003 domain: mydomain.com
2. There are 5 domain controllers: A, B, C, D & E
3. All domain controllers are also DNS servers for the domain.
4. Client workstations are configured (via DHCP) to use as preferred DNS servers: A & B
5. However, clients resolve "mydomain.com" consistently to domain controller D.
QUESTION: How can I make clients resolve "mydomain.com" to domain controllers A or B instead?