Solved

5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound error

Posted on 2011-09-28
7
626 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-12
Can anyone help me with this issue?  An employee at "company"  tried to send an e-mail to an employee at "company2".  The e-mail bounced.  If you notice, the to line clearly shows the recipient as company2.  The error message said it couldn't find the user at company.  I manage both domains, and there is no trust between them, however, the DNS servers at company do look at the DNS servers at company2 (and vice-versa), as we have a p2p VPN connection between the two domains.

This didn't happen until recently, and this is relatively soon after we upgraded company from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.

Any help would be appreciated.
 

Diagnostic information for administrators:
 
Generating server: WGIMEXCH2010.company.local
 
IMCEAEX-_O=COMPANY2_OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=STU@company.com
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
 
Original message headers:
 
Received: from WGIMEXCH2010.company.local ([::1]) by
 WGIMEXCH2010.company.local ([::1]) with mapi; Tue, 27 Sep 2011
 12:43:15 -0500
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
From: Wendy Employee <wendy@company.com>
To: 'Stu Employee' <stu@company2.com>
Subject: Volleyball
Thread-Topic: Volleyball
Thread-Index: Acx9PLbskjIZAA2ZTS6oQUbzdwl/BgAABO1Q
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:43:01 -0500
Message-ID: <66522E5CC29F954E982DC9D703BF9E631312A3@WGIMEXCH2010.company.local>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <66522E5CC29F954E982DC9D703BF9E631312A3@WGIMEXCH2010.company.local>
MIME-Version: 1.0
0
Comment
Question by:Craig_Kiddoo
  • 5
  • 2
7 Comments
 
LVL 12

Expert Comment

by:Deepu Chowdary
ID: 36721144
This is happening for single user or for multiple users..?
0
 

Author Comment

by:Craig_Kiddoo
ID: 36725417
One user is having the issue at the moment, then she resent, and it went through as it should.  The user who sent the message used to be part of the company2 domain, however when she moved to company I created a new profile in Outlook for her new e-mail address.  The recipient has never had an e-mail address with company, always at company2.
0
 
LVL 12

Expert Comment

by:Deepu Chowdary
ID: 36759225
Ok so now what issue you are facing..
0
Optimizing Cloud Backup for Low Bandwidth

With cloud storage prices going down a growing number of SMBs start to use it for backup storage. Unfortunately, business data volume rarely fits the average Internet speed. This article provides an overview of main Internet speed challenges and reveals backup best practices.

 

Author Comment

by:Craig_Kiddoo
ID: 36910606
Same issue, just because it is working now doesn't mean this won't come up again and again (I am trying to be proactive rather than reactive). There is a lot of e-mail between the two domains in question and I need to ensure that mail gets through when sent.  If this was a glitch, then why?  I didn't change anything between the first message sent unsuccessfully and the second that went through.  I want to make sure there isn't something in the server that would cause this issue to recur in the future.
0
 

Author Comment

by:Craig_Kiddoo
ID: 37032496
The issue has come back, and it seems to be affecting recipients who were set up in the old 2003 exchange server before we introduced the new 2010 server.  The old server died about 2 days after the data was transferred (how's that for timing), so I can't follow the instructions to completely remove it.  The contact information it is trying to use appears to be coming from the old server.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
Craig_Kiddoo earned 0 total points
ID: 37184112
OK, since no one stepped up, I finally figured out a solution on my own.  

1. Create a new user profile in Outlook (it turns out this was a problem with the client, not the server)
2. Edit the old .nk2 file and remove the EX records pointing to old e-mail addresses (the SMTP records can stay)
3. Copy the old .nk2 file to be associated with the new profile.

Now all e-mail is delivered without any bouncebacks due to old contacts in the defunct 2003 server
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:Craig_Kiddoo
ID: 37199826
Didn't receive any responses that would fix the problem, figured out a solution on my own
0

Featured Post

What is SQL Server and how does it work?

The purpose of this paper is to provide you background on SQL Server. It’s your self-study guide for learning fundamentals. It includes both the history of SQL and its technical basics. Concepts and definitions will form the solid foundation of your future DBA expertise.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Is your Office 365 signature not working the way you want it to? Are signature updates taking up too much of your time? Let's run through the most common problems that an IT administrator can encounter when dealing with Office 365 email signatures.
This article explains how to install and use the NTBackup utility that comes with Windows Server.
In this video we show how to create a Resource Mailbox in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: Navigate to the Recipients >> Resources tab.: "Recipients" is our default selection …
In this video we show how to create an Accepted Domain in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Ac…

809 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question