Wireless network with Draytek
Posted on 2011-09-30
Planning on setting up a WDS in a hotel for a client but I need clarification on a few things.
1. Using a V3200n as the central point how may V700ap's can I control in a WDS distribution?
2. If it were to be a mesh type configuration are V700 clever enough to have 2 links back to the base station/central point to allow for redundancy?
3. If the V700's are to be in a chain type configuration how long can the chain be?
4. Is it sufficient to have only wireless links to the A700's or would you recommend having each connected back to a central switch by cat5?
5. Do the A700's allow for switching from one A700 to another, as if someone walked to the next room, without the user havingt to reconnect?
6. Do the A700's have some sort of QOS on them to allow for a small amount of voice traffic over them?
Many thanks in advance