RIM Backberry Destop Software 6.1 installed on a Lenovo X301 with XP Pro SP3 and all patches applied always crashes on launch "BlackBerry Desktop Software has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I have attempted the following solutions in sequence:
1. Uninstall and then resinstall.
2. Use Lenovo recovery software to return O/S and software to state before error occurred.
3. Uninstall BB Desktop Software, USB Driver and App World Plug in and then reinstall Destop Software.
4. (3) above and delete all RIM/BB registry keys before re-installation.
5. SFC /SCANNOW.
6. Virus/Malware scans with Zone Alarm and Microsoft applications.
No joy. All suggestions gratefully received!
Hoghjack This log is attached.