Improvements and Additions to previous question
Posted on 2011-10-01
Improvements and Additions:
1. Import the value from the email to the WU-Staging-FBME sheet even if there is NO colon separating the label and the value IF the spelling meets one of the spelling options in the code AND even if the label and value are on the same
line as another label and value. Sometimes the Amount label and data are on the same line as Location:
2. If another email comes in after emails have been imported, AND there is NO value in Col J, the numbering sequence in Col A continues sequentially from the last number entered in Col A. If there IS a Value in Col J, the
numbering sequence starts over with #1 in Col A and continues.
4. Sometimes a date is imported into Col C but nothing else. Not sure why that is happening, but a row should NOT be created IF there is no other values imported to Cols C, D, E, F OR G.
5. Take the email address and the date of the email and put a value in Col M formatted like this: Jenxxxxx, - where xxxxx is the date of email. Example: Jen092911 (for Sept 29, 2011) The name preceding the date is calculated like this:
- if email is from, firstname.lastname@example.org it is Jenxxxxx
- if email is from, email@example.com, it is Adamxxxxx
- if from firstname.lastname@example.org, it is Shawnxxxxx
- if email@example.com, it is Holmsxxxxx
- if it is from someone else not on the above list, it is their email addressxxxxx
- if for any of the above, there are two emails from the same day, then put a '-2' after the date. Example: Jen092911-2 of if 3 then a -3. I never get three, but just in case.
Put this value from Col M into every row imported from that email batch.
6.There almost always will be a card number somewhere indicated in the email body. If there is it will be a number 16 digits long (card numbers are all 16 digits and sometimes there are spaces or dashes separating them) then input that value into Col R, but only into the first row. If there isn't then proceed importing without it.
7. If the first digit of that 16 digit number is 4 then put the value 'EUR' in Col S.
8. If the first digit of the 16 digit number is 5, then put the value 'USD' in Col S.
There will be more to work on with this page, but I am trying to do it in sections.