I have a very nice workbook that several EE Professionals wrote for use; I have two problems with it. One is a design problem that I didn't anticipate and was my fault by not indicating it in the specifications. The second issue is a design issue for output, which I will post in a new related question once the first issue is resolved. I have attached the actual code in the file and I believe the modification I am looking at is in Sheet 1 of the VBA Window.
Overview of Problem:
The RASCI Model is a Project Management tool that simply allows you to identify a set of tasks, put them in priority sequence and display who has responsibility for what. The model attached works fine EXCEPT when you add an additional RESPONSIBILITY to the same task (by adding it to the first blank cell in column A) you can get erroneous results if the Text doesn't exactly match or the user inadvertently adds different text to the same priority number. So for example, if I were to put in "1.1" in cell A (first open cell in column), and 1.1 was already a Task, the addition of another assignment to the same task, 1.1, should display THE SAME TASK. This is so you can assign another responsible Functional Area to the same Task. It allows this now so when you put in 1.1, it will combine the results on the Output beginning in Column H.
What I'm trying to accomplish:
In order to avoid mistakes and bad results, I'd like for the macro to check to see if the assigned number exists, and if so, is auto populate with the previous description IF and only if, a duplicate number appears. This will prevent the user from putting in a different task for the same assigned priority. So, if I put in 1.1, and 1.1 already exists, it will duplicate the text description in Cell B. That's it!