Dynamics CRM 2011 E-Mail Router & Exchange 2010 Cluster Error “Incoming Status: Failure - No results were found”

I have what seems a common problem setting up the router to handle incoming mail, but after spending a couple of days implementing the suggestions I ran out of ideas.

The situation is as follows:

All operating systems Win2k8R2 64 bit.

Domain user names are @domain.local

Mail addresses are @domain.com

Dynamics CRM 2011 installed on server CRM. Exchange server 2010 cluster consisting of 2 mbx servers and 2 cas servers.

Dynamics CRM E-mail Router installed on cas1 server, running as local system.

Service domain account added to PrivUserGroup in AD. cas1 & cas2 servers added to PrivUserGroup in AD

Service domain account added to CRM as full read-write System Administrator.

Management Role Assignment given to service account to impersonate all account in the domain.

Global Address Book membership checked for the accounts of interest.

Access to GAB from service account checked.

Logged in successfully to both domain & Outlook with all accounts of interest.

I am getting "Incoming Status: Failure: No results were found." error when i try to test access from e-mail router config tool, with the following exception in event log:

An error occurred while opening mailbox account@domain.com.
   Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: No results were found.
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.IsCurrentUser()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.GetService()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.OpenMailbox()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.InitExchangeConnector()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

When I check the IIS log on cas1 I see that the respective request contains:

2011-09-30 14:19:15 192.168.1.128 POST /EWS/Exchange.asmx ;RC:a744e288-62f0-44bf-b506-
    54f0753fa283;Init>>Conn:0,HangingConn:0,AD:30000/30000/0%,CAS:54000/54000/0%,AB:30000/30000/0%,RPC:36
000/36000/0%,FC:1000/0,Policy:DefaultThrottlingPolicy_a90f4c5f-dfd1-4e99-8a1f-
3cf7adb8ffa3,Norm,Sub:5000/0;ErrorCode=ErrorNameResolutionNoResults;[C]
Queues:0msec/Execute:51.8605msec;SoapAction=m:ResolveNames;Version=1;RpcC=2;RpcL=3;LdapC=1;LdapL=15;E
nd(54.796ms)
 >>Conn:1,HangingConn:0,AD:30000/29986/1%,CAS:54000/53948/1%,AB:30000/30000/0%,RPC:36000/35998/1%,FC:1

000/0,Policy:DefaultThrottlingPolicy_a90f4c5f-dfd1-4e99-8a1f-3cf7adb8ffa3,Norm[Resources:(Mdb)WINDDB
(Health:-1%,HistLoad:0),(DC)DCSRV2.domain.local(Health:-1%,HistLoad:0),],Sub:5000/0; 443
DOMAIN\serviceaccount 192.168.1.120 Mozilla/4.0+
(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+MS+Web+Services+Client+Protocol+4.0.30319.237) 200 0 0 91

So I understand there is a name resolution issue, but how do I proceed from here?

BTW, Exchange hosts around 10 different Accepted Domains, but the one of interest is set as default one.

Thanks.


WINBROAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

steforCommented:
Have you tried running the E-mail router as a service account from your Active Directory with the impersonate-rights of everyone.

I set this up for a client quite a while ago, can't recall exactly how tho. Usually I try having a service account running these kinds of applications as I usually don't want to add computers to my Exchange administrative groups.

When running this as Local System and you've installed it on one of the CAS servers, you might even be experiencing issues where Exchange Servers have deny access on Objects in your Exchange enviroment.
WINBROAuthor Commented:
manage to by pass the above kind of and now getting the error

Email Router Incoming Status: Failure - The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden

which is strange  because i have given full access for the account i have in the incoming and outgoing and the deployment.
steforCommented:
have a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd297964.aspx for a little read on throttling policies. It might be that the router does too many requests in a short time and get locked out.

Try creating a new throttling policy without any limits and assign it to the account you have configured the routers use.
WINBROAuthor Commented:
manage to resolve the issue that we had from the start and now everything is working.

thee problem was using the account names in the format of username@domain.local

which was wrong.

After by changing that to domain\username that fix all the problems.

Thank you stefor for your help.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
WINBROAuthor Commented:
The reason for selecting my answer as a solution was that after keep troubleshooting and asking many people i found my problem .
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Dynamics

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.