Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 723
  • Last Modified:

Blackberry BIS account will not set up using OWA

Hi,
Users on our system suddenly can not receive their email to the Blackberries using the OWA method. This seems to have happened after the domain's monthly password expiry setting.

I have tried from different phones on different networks and it seems the problem is with our server.

The message that the phone gives is "Cannot log in. Verify your email address . . ."

iPhones can connect using activesync OK. OWA works perfectly through a browser and 443 is open on our firewall.

About a month ago we put on a Godaddy SSL cert to replace the self signed one but blackberries have been working OK apparently until the password change. I have tried it with an account whose password has not expired with same results.

Thanks.
0
jerryhatt
Asked:
jerryhatt
  • 5
  • 2
1 Solution
 
pcfreakerCommented:
Hi,
Have you tryed to change the user's password? Are they able to login via OWA (Browser)?
0
 
jerryhattAuthor Commented:
OWA works fine and we have tried different users with different passwords too. It does not work for any user on the system.

We are going to reboot the system after hours today in an attempt to rectify the issue but it is very odd.
0
 
jerryhattAuthor Commented:
Reboot did not work. Not sure which virtual folders to remove the 'require SSL' from in order to try OWA with plain http
0
Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

 
pcfreakerCommented:
If you could double check this KB with your actual configuration, perhaps we would see it anything can be fixed:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03133 and the procedure via web http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10154

Let me know your outcome.
0
 
jerryhattAuthor Commented:
Thanks pcfreaker - I have been through both the KBs and I was using the correct settings.

Looking in the http logs I see lots of these:

2011-10-03 20:20:35 10.93.10.1 PROPFIND /exchange/david - 443 - 178.123.83.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0) 401 1 0

david being the username in use that is failing.

I understand 401.1 to be invalid user credentials and there is also one 401.5. User credentials are definitely correct.

OWA works perfectly and these http errors are only when I try and add the mail account to the blackberry.
0
 
jerryhattAuthor Commented:
Now resolved.

I removed the Integrated Windows Auth from the exchange subdirectory.

I still find it odd that this problem just happened even though the exchange subdir had not changed.

Thanks all for the help.
0
 
jerryhattAuthor Commented:
came across solution myself
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 5
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now