We have a Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) Standard Edition server with the following
- 32GB RAM
- 3 x 146GB SAS drives on RAID 5 = total space usuable 270GB+
- only one Partition C:\ drive with 270GB
- Page File initial size 49GB . Maximum size 65GB
1) Is it good to allocate double the RAM size for paging ?
2) Is it good to allocate paging file in the same drive where OS is installed ? or get
a new drive and leave that drive just for paging ?
3) How does big corporate servers where they have 100GB+ RAM allocate page file,
do they allocate double the size of the RAM for paging ?