PC vs MAC graphic design
Posted on 2011-10-04
Hi, I need some help here. I know this topic has been beaten down to death, but I want some recent reviews with today software and technology. I know this will elicit a lot of passionate answers...but, I need help!
To start with, I work in a 100% PC environment, running Windows Server 2003 AD and exchange.
We outsource 100% of our graphic work out, until just recently. We just hired a new marketing director who will be doing some minor graphic designing. The majority of the work will still be out source. Graphic that she is mainly working on is just print work. She will only be using Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard for her work.
Here are some of my conerns:
- GPO will not work unless we go with a third party software
- Scripts will not work from my research unless its written in perl
- Full access to every single server shares (not good)
- OS X, once on domain can get buggy (long boot up time, dropping from domain, etc)
- IT Staff has no knowledge on MAC
- Support and managing will be difficult or challenging
Below are the specs that I receive from her and my specs on the pc.
2tb SAS hdd
AMD Raedon HD 6970
i7 3.4hgz Extreme ed.
2tb SAS hdd
AMD Raedon H 6870
24" HD monitor
blu ray optical drive
win7 pro 64bit
Can the PC do exactly what the Mac can do? Software, fonts wise, etc...
Thanks in Advance!