I’m a first time user here so please bear with me.
• I am the domain admin for a Windows Server 2003/2008 domain. Domain controllers are Windows Server 2003.
• I recently joined the company and I am not yet entirely familiar with all of the domain-related configurations, including Group Policies settings.
• The fist occurrence of the issue described below has been traced to a time following fairly significant GPO updates (prior to be joining).
• Since I have been, there has been an issue relating to services on servers not starting due to logon failure. This is only discovered after a system restart, or if there is an attempt to restart the service.
• This only affects services configured to run with domain accounts. Those configured to run with local system accounts start/restart with no issues.
• The issue is temporarily resolved by inputting the correct domain password for the affected account in the logon tab for the service. (It is then granted the Log on a server right and can be started).
• The service is able to be restarted for a while afterward with no issues, but after an hour or two, any attempt to restart the service fails (Error 1069).
It is suspected that there is a GPO setting that is causing these issues.
Any ideas, comments, suggestions on how to resolve?