Open source secure web collaboration / document management
Posted on 2011-10-05
I'm looking for a good open source web collaboration tool. Essentially something very similar to Google Docs - online creation and editing of documents, but something that is stored on our server on-premises.
This is going to be used to store critical sensitive data, so security is important, that's why I want something on-premises instead of just using Google Docs.
- On premises, NOT a hosted solution like ThinkFree or Zoho
- Preferably something open source and linux based. If it has an enterprise dedicated distro that'd be good
- Assigning permission to documents, e.g. some users can't see certain documents, some can view only, some can edit
- Mobile support - e.g. iPhone or Android both viewing and rudimentary editing of documents either via an optimized mobile website, or via an App.
- Fast, and clean interface with as little bloat as possible.
- Support for drawings and spreadsheets etc. as well are a plus