Here is the summary of what I need to do
I will need to create a program in C# ( using Visual Studio 2010 ) which will basically take and an Excel file as an input ( attached ).
Create a new work sheet ( Actual results as in the attached file ) compare every row in the Actual Results Worksheet to the Expected Results work sheet for each of those cells having different data I will need to make them in a different color.
Breaking this down.
The input will be an Excel (.xlsx ) file which will have two worksheets
2) Expected Results
Now the program will need to do the following
1) Create a new WorkSheet and name it Actual_Results_Current_Dat
e , Current Date will be todays Date
2) Copy the first column TC from the Expected Results Worksheet and paste it into the Actual_Results_Current_Dat
e work sheet
3) Create a new column called Validation in the Actual_Results_Current_Dat
4) Next run the SQL statement in the Query tab and populate the results in the Actual_Results_Current_Dat
* The query will have the same number of columns as in the Expected results worksheet except the first column TC.
5) Now we will need to compare each and every cell in the Actual_Results_Current_Dat
e work sheet with the every cell in the Expected Results work sheet.
* B2 ( Expected Results ) ---> C2 in Actual_Results_Current_Dat
* C2 ( Expected Results ) ---> D2 in Actual_Results_Current_Dat
6) For the ones which dont match , I will need to highlight that particular in Actual_Results_Current_Dat
e work sheet in Red and Mark that row as Fail. For the rows that pass I will mark them as Pass and highlight the cell in Validation Row in Green as seen in the attached file.
Now I dont expect anyone to send me the whole program to do this .. but I would like to know the following
i) How to copy one column from a worksheet into another ( Step 2 )
ii) How to Create a new Worksheet
ii) And How I can compare two cells in two differnt work sheets and highlight them if they are not equal..
I can spilt this question into two if you wnat me to and allot 500 points each as I know its quite complicated.
Hoping for reply. I really hope some one can help me out as this is pretty urgent and I am not very familar with Excel programming.