troubleshooting Question

How do I set Server CALs (Licensing) on Server 2008 R2?

Avatar of rsnellman
rsnellmanFlag for United States of America asked on
Windows Server 2008Windows Server 2003IT Administration
6 Comments3 Solutions511 ViewsLast Modified:
Hi, I am replacing my Server 2003 DC's with Server 2008 R2 DC's.  As I go thru my checklist of things to migrate and such, I have Server CAL's on Server 2003, but I cannot figure out where or how to setup or migrate these CAL's to Server 2008 R2 DC's.  

We have a Microsoft Campus Agreement, since we are educational.

Anyone know how to perform the licensing of Server CAL's for Server 2008 R2?

Thanks in advance.
Krzysztof Pytko
Senior Active Directory Engineer
Join our community to see this answer!
Unlock 3 Answers and 6 Comments.
Start Free Trial
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 3 Answers and 6 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros