Hi Experts, I have a couple questions about email encryption. What I REALLY need is as follows:
I have a client (financial services) that has a need to make sure all internal email is encrypted. External email does not matter at this point. Just internal.
Here are my questions:
1) If I do a fresh install of Server 2008 R2 then Exchange 2010. Does the default setup provide email encryption? I am not able to get a clear cut answer anywhere.
2) If the default config does not enable this, what are the things I need in order to enable it (3rd party certs. etc. etc) remember, this is just for internal use.
3) If I need 3rd party certs, does each user need their own cert? Does this need to be manually installed in each clients outlook?
4) Currently they have outlook 2007, would we need to upgrade to 2010?
5) If it is encrypted, what happens when IPADS connect directly to exchange? Does the message stay encrypted because the IPAD's connection to exchange is encrypted?
SO far the only solid way I can find to offer encryption is PGP, unfortunately Symantec bought them but it seems to work pretty well.