1) I am used to with the Microsoft Window and (a little bit of) Linux Operating system
2) I am not familiar with the Macintosh OS
3) I saw some MacBook (The OS is Mac OS X 10.6.8) at a company (production environment)
4) I take one of the MacBook, and do the followings:
-Go to System Preferences > Network
- Highlight "Ethernet" (on the left side)
- Click "Advanced" (on the right side)
- It appears 6 tabs: TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, 802.1X, Proxies and Ethernet
5) When I click the tab of "WINS"
- It appears the following info:
- NetBios name: boba-macbook-555
- Workgroup: BOBA (Note: there are a lot of options when we click "the down arrow" such as BOBA, boba, volvo ...., workgroup)
- WINS servers: 192.168.51.7 and 192.168.51.8
6) If I want to join the Domain (BOBA domain) for Windows XP, I will do as follows:
- Go to "My computer"
- Right-click, and select "Properties"
- Go to the "Computer Name" tab, and click "Change"
- Then, I input the domain's name (BOBA), and click OK
- Then, this Windows XP will be a member of BOBA's domain
7) My question: How to join The above MacBook to BOBA's domain? (Just EDITING the "WINS" tab above?). Explain it please
8) Thank you