I have a Cisco 1841 that I configured the aux port to except connections via a USR modem for emergency access. When I set this up and tested it last year it worked fine but now one year later I really need it to work and it is not. I can use my laptop Windows 7 with HyperTerminal and dialup the modem and I can connect but the CLI is coming back jibberish. so first thought is speed mis match or to fast which when tested last year and worked was set at 115200, so i have changed the aux line 0 to different speeds and matched the speed on my Hyperterminal. I have tried 1200, 9600, 38400, 115200 all with 8-N-1, I have tried with compression and without.
here is my Line aux 0 config...
line aux 0
modem autoconfigure discovery
transport input all
Thank you inadvance!