Computer not booting - CPU fan not spinning
Posted on 2011-10-07
I'm working on a custom tower for a client that is not booting up. Here are the symptoms:
1) The screen doesn't come on at all
2) When the power button is first pressed, the CPU fan jerks a little but doesn't start spinning
3) The other fans in the case are spinning fine.
4) I removed the graphics card and memory but am not hearing the beeps I should be for missing RAM.
5) I also tried a different power supply with the same results.
Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?