We are experiencing an issue on Internet Explorer 8 where some websites are not functioning correctly as non-Administrator accounts.
- Client Machines are Windows 7 SP1
- Internet Explorer Zones as below:
- Internet = Medium-High + Protected Mode ON
- Local Intranet = Medium Low + Protected Mode OFF
- Trusted Sites = Low + Protect Mode OFF
- Restricted Sites = High + Protected Mode ON
- Internet Explorer Privacy Settings as below:
- Override Auto Cookie Handling = True
- First Party Cookies = Accept
- Third Party Cookies = Accept
- Always allow session cookies = True
- Pop-up Blocker = Enabled with Various Allowances (including affected sites)
- Domain Users are *not* Local Administrators or Power Users - they are just Users
- We use group policy to set NTFS permissions on their local machine as below:
- %SYSTEMDRIVE%\* - Read Only
AME%\* - Full Control
- Full Control
What is happening:
Some sites do not function correctly.
For example a website report will not generate under non-Administrator but will under Administrator.
- There is a print function on the website that generates a PDF report that will not work for non-Administrators
- When a non-Administrator triggers this function the website returns them to the login screen.
- There is a reporting function on the website that generates a HTML report that will not work for non-Administrators
I know this will make troubleshooting very hard - but both sites above require login information that I cannot divulge.
I have a feeling that both sites have issues relating to cookies - but I am stumped as to why this is happening.
What I Have Tried:
- I have run Process Monitor to see if there is anything along the lines of Access Denied but nothing like that appears during the replication of the problem.
- The workaround I have in place is to grant users Local-Administrator access to their machine (I know I know).