Mailing list proxy manager
Posted on 2011-10-11
from time to time I restart my quest on finding the proper software for my needs. In short:
I need a kinda mixture between SMTP mail proxy and Mailing list manager.
With some more words:
Well, there are many mailing list management free and non-free solutions out there, but all they lack a few important features:
- none of them support INLINE / EMBEDDED images, which are MIME encoded into message itself. Instead all of them insert image as external link, so it is not displayed by default in Outlook or some other clients
- WYSIWYG editors are all more or less TinyMCE or like, so one cannot copy-paste images or screenshots into new message, nor can use any of nice OFFICE graphic features.
So for a good looking mail campaign an experienced user with at least minimum of HTML knowledge is required, and better off a designer should be involved.
So, my IDEA is to have a mail proxy with following features:
- it should receive message, sent from Outlook, for example
- recipient would be, for example, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- then this proxy would look into real-time database for all recipients, which are subscribed to LIST123
- and would send out one by one, with preset frequency, this mail to each recipient on the list
Such a principle would make it possible for all sales stuff to use OUTLOOK as their tool to design mailings, and on the other hand, list database would be managed via web page, so members could unsubscribe, subscribe or alter their subscriptions easily.
Does anybody know some program, which would do such things?
I have a dozen of Windows and Linux servers in production, with IIS6, IIS7, Apache, NginX web servers, MSSQL, MySQL databases, and MailEnable PRO, MS SMTP, Zimbra, Postfix, Sendmail mail servers, and also some Antispam filtering servers. So if anybody would have an IDEA, how should I approach, I can also code the solution myself.