• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 172
  • Last Modified:

Exchange not sending emails correctly

I have an exchange 2003 server that hosts email for domain1.com and it used to host it for domain2.com. Domain2.com has since moved their domain offsite to another provider and all existence of the domain2.com has been removed from the network. If you try sending to an email from within the domain to user@domain2.com it bounces back saying user does not exist and the rejecting server is mail.domain1.com. I can use telnet to send to domain2.com new mail servers with no issues and I was able at one time to send to domain2.com after the move. nslookup queries are correct also.
0
MooreCompStl
Asked:
MooreCompStl
  • 3
  • 3
1 Solution
 
Madan SharmaConsultantCommented:
if you post the exact bounce mail here then it will be easy to help you. So please post a real bounce mail here.
0
 
MooreCompStlAuthor Commented:
Here is the bounce back;
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
      Subject:  Test
      Sent:     10/7/2011 1:57 PM
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
      Jeff Porter on 10/7/2011 1:57 PM
            The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to.  Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
            <mail.christyco.com #5.1.1>
0
 
Madan SharmaConsultantCommented:
have you looked in the IIS metabase.xml ? if not just have look and also review the link also :
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/remove-exchange-server-entire-exchange-organization.html
0
Granular recovery for Microsoft Exchange

With Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange you can choose the Exchange Servers and restore points you’re interested in, and Veeam Explorer will present the contents of those mailbox stores for browsing, searching and exporting.

 
MooreCompStlAuthor Commented:
I worked with an Engineer I knew and we used the IIS resource tool kit and ran the Metabase explorer. Backed up the Metabase first then found that domain2.com was still existent in the Metabase.xml file located under LM>SmtpSvc>1>Domain. I deleted the domain did a iisreset and then mailflow started work properly. Problem fixed.
0
 
MooreCompStlAuthor Commented:
The solution provided did not resolved the issue, we fixed it ourselves.
0
 
Madan SharmaConsultantCommented:
before closing question please select your accepted answer and assign points.
0

Featured Post

Veeam and MySQL: How to Perform Backup & Recovery

MySQL and the MariaDB variant are among the most used databases in Linux environments, and many critical applications support their data on them. Watch this recorded webinar to find out how Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to get consistent backups of MySQL databases.

  • 3
  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now