Please help, I will give be giving my prized collection of 1 million golden noodles if you can please tell me what to do to resolve this.
So, first of all the _MSDCS was greyed out in my forward lookup zone, I then had to bounce the server so users could access the shares again. After doing this the greyed out _MSDCS decided it would be happier if it just left. So I have a stucture that looks like this now...
I have tried recreating the DNS, I have stopped the netlogon services, trolled the interweb and have found nothing.
If relevant I had to fix a journal wrap error around the same time as this happened; with a authoritative repair on the USN journal using the D4 burflags registry entry.
no more NTFRS errors...
I can post a dcdiag if it would help... I just have to wait for the shares to lock again.
anyways hope you owens can help
In the words of the most epicness of ringo star... peace and love, peace and love