?
Solved

Exchange 2003 and MailMarshal SMTP issues

Posted on 2011-10-13
13
Medium Priority
?
545 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-12
I'm trying to configure a third email domain in Exchange. After configuring the second one I assumed that to get t third one working I would just have to repeat the steps I took but the third domain is not working.
I checked all the settings in Exchange and MailMarshal and both were the same but no email.
I added the third email domain to the second domain's recipient policy and updated the RUS again; still no email.
I'm rapidly running out of ideas!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
Comment
Question by:AndyDotNet
  • 9
  • 4
13 Comments
 
LVL 74

Expert Comment

by:Glen Knight
ID: 36981658
What happens when you try to send mail to the new domain?

Have you configured the MX record for the domain?
0
 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36984807
Yes I have configured MX records in the same way for both domains.
I have added the domains to the Exchange Recipient Policies.
I have re-built and updated the RUS.
I have restarted the SMTP and Exchange Routing Engine services.
I have added both domains to the MailMarshal domains table.
I have added both domains to the MailMarshal routiing table.

When I send mail to the 3rd domain I get a reply from the postmaster at the 2nd domain saying the address could not be found.
0
 
LVL 74

Expert Comment

by:Glen Knight
ID: 36984968
And you have configured a user with an email address from that domain?

Can you send out from the domain in question?
0
Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36985366
The 2nd domain (.co) can send and receive fine.
The 3rd domain (.co.uk) cannot send or receive.

All settings for both domains are identical (with the exception of the extension) in both Exchange and MailMarshal.

Also somthing I have noticed is that the .co.uk address has not filtered through to Active Directoy despite me having updated the RUS.

I tried manually entering the .co.uk address for a user in AD and waiting for 10 mins but still no email.

I have also tried adding the .co.uk address to the .co address recipient policy and leaving the .co as the primary address but that had the same results.
0
 
LVL 74

Expert Comment

by:Glen Knight
ID: 36985381
Can you post some screenshots of the recipient policies please?
0
 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36986754
I have omitted my client's business name for security reasons but here is what I've got:
exchange-screenshot.jpg
0
 
LVL 74

Expert Comment

by:Glen Knight
ID: 36986787
If you highlight the .co.uk domain and select edit, is there a check in the box for exchange being responsible for this domain?
0
 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36986790
I meant to add this to the above post:

The left-hand policy is the one which works.

The General and Details tabs have no information on them.
In the right-hand recipient policy the .co address is currently present but I have tried removing with no change in results.
I have also tried adding the .co.uk address to the first policy (on the left) with no change in results.
0
 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36986797
Yes, the check-box is ticked for both policies.
0
 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36986807
Sorry, it is the RIGHT-HAND policy which works!!! My bad...
0
 

Author Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 36986852
You can also see here that the .co.uk address has not filtered into Active Directory despite the check-box saying it will do so. AD User
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
AndyDotNet earned 0 total points
ID: 36991496
Okay, so we've solved the issue with the 3rd domain address not working. It was simply the order of the addresses in the MailMarshal routing table. Putting the .co.uk address ABOVE the .co address has solved the problem and now both addresses work.

However...the .co.uk address is still not filtering through to Active Directory so I've added them manually...luckily there aren't that many users!
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:AndyDotNet
ID: 37016511
Still need to solve the Active Directory issue but email now works.
0

Featured Post

Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Here in this article, you will get a step by step guidance on how to restore an Exchange database to a recovery database. Get a brief on Recovery Database and how it can be used to restore Exchange database in this section!
Eseutil Hard Recovery is part of exchange tool and ensures Exchange mailbox data recovery when mailbox gets corrupt due to some problem on Exchange server.
In this video we show how to create an Accepted Domain in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Ac…
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an anti-spam), the admin…
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month14 days, 19 hours left to enroll

839 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question