I wanted to test Address translation in web interface. I'm unable to launch published application externally. Here is my setup:
1. Two VMs in Xenserver: one acting as DC with IP 192.168.1.11 and other VM is a Xenapp 6 Vm with IP address 192.168.1.13
2. Citrix license server and Web interface resides on a Vm workstation. This VM also acts as a NAT router with IP address 192.168.1.6 and 184.108.40.206 for external.
3. Can launch apps from the web interface server. Now I would like to test application externally so created a new VM in VM workstation with following IP address 220.127.116.11
4. Now I can ping web interface from my external network machine with 18.104.22.168 and vice-versa.
Now when I launch the published application it doesn't launch as it gives usual message could not connect to xenapp.
Please note I have also made following in the web interface, access method as "Translated" and internal IP as 192.168.1.6 and port 1494, external Ip as 22.214.171.124 and port 1494
I tried to open ICA file both from internal and external network. It was pointing to 192.168.1.13 1494 (which is my Xenapp server understandably)
I have following questions:
1. Is my setup is correct or am I missing something?
2. Should I put Web interface internally say on the machine 192.168.1.13 and use 192.168..6/126.96.36.199 as a dedicated NAT router?
3. External IP and Internal IP on the web interface should be the NAT router's IP or Citrix server IP?
4. What is the port should I mention on the access method? Should that be 1494 or something else?
5. When I opened ICA from the external network machine, it pointed to 192.168.1.13, should that be something in 30.x.x.x range?