We get the following error message when an external email from an application in another Mail Org routes through a particular Hub Server.
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: Hub Server in Question (Hub1)
#550 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service reported an error. The following information should help identify the cause of this error: "MapiExceptionNotFound:16.18969:C7000000, 17.27161:000000005C000000000000000000000000000000, 255.23226:00000000, 255.27962:44000000, 255.17082:BFF9FFFF, 0.25697:02400080, 4.21921:BFF9FFFF, 255.27962:FA000000, 255.1494:02400080, 255.26426:96000000, 4.9206:BFF9FFFF, 4.7974:BFF9FFFF, 255.1750:2F400000, 0.26849:00000000, 255.21817:BFF9FFFF". ##
We have a contact record present in the other Mail Org for cross forest routing. Everything routes correctly but if it hits Hub1, we get the above error.
I have done telnet tests to other hub servers with no errors.
I have changed the permissions for anonymous & default from 'contributor' to 'author'
I have mail disabled PF and then re-enabled it.
The Public Folders in question was migrated from an Exchange 2003 server to this new 2007 server. That old 2003 server is offline.
I have spent all day researching this issue and have tried what many links have suggested.
The only thing left I can think of is deleting the PF in question and re-creating again.