fter a hardware issue on a windows 2003 server I decided to re-install the database (version 11.1).
Here are the steps I did:
1. created a full database export (FULL=Y) using exp.exe utility used user system). No errors.
2. Unistall the database including all registry keys
3. Re-install a fresh copy of the oracle server and created a new database using the same exactly SID name as the one I exported.
4. imported the export file using the utility imp FULL=Y
5. I realized I had 800 invalid objects. Recompiled several times to get down to 400 invalid objects
6. I am not able to recompile properly all objects (that were valid at the time of export).
What I did wrong?
I can't find a step by step guide on how to restore a database using a full export file.
Any help will be appreciated