I am Running sbs 2011 that was migrated from sbs 2003 using the swing process after completing the migration and finishing moving all the mailboxes into exchage 2010 sp1 I had a problem with two users mailboxes so after checking and researching for hours I decided since only two mailboxes was having a problem I would just delete the two users and recreate them, well everything went fine except now some users try emailing those two user internally the GAL still pulls the old user and the email fails external works fine.
the client workstations are all running outlook 2003 and at this time changing to a newer version is not available.
I have tried several things
1. updateing the Gal under the users profile in outlook 2003.
2. adding a X500 email addy to the user throught Exchange management console.
3. after these I tried deleting the users email address from the GAL by opening new mail and manually start typing the users name then when the user pops up I deleted it and tested to make sure it didn't pop up again from autocompletes.
4. I uninstalled office 2003 then reinstalled it making sure to update it afterwards.
5. I used a powershell script in exchange managment shell to sync mailboxes with active directory users.
I would like to know if there is a way to make sure the old user info isn't still residing somewhere on the server of if I can use the exchange management cosole to analyze that specific users mailbox. any infomation is much appreciated thank you