Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
?
Solved

MSSOAP Call Fails under MS Access 2010

Posted on 2011-10-19
8
Medium Priority
?
1,498 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-12
I have an Access 2003 app that has a webservice call using MSSOAP early binding which works fine when running on a PC or Server (any operating system) with either Access 2003 or Access 2007 installed.  However, if the PC or Server has Access 2010 Pro Plus installed, the same code fails with Error 429 - ActiveX cannot create object.  The line of code that fails is the MSSOAP client call.  I have tried to change to late binding but that also fails with the same error.  I have seen many posts around the web with developers having the exact same issue.  I have tried all of the same steps that those developers have tried including installing the Webservices tookkit 3.0 and the Office 11 Web Components.  I have tried copying the MSSOAP30.dll from an Office 2007 Pro installation and using that - as was suggested in a post I found online.  None of these had any change on the outcome.  The error persists.  Here are the links that I found around the web so that you don't waste your time and reinvent a wheel that I've already turned.:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion_other-customize/vba-and-soapwebservices/c5d22ca4-1d1c-456e-878c-fda9abe98866

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/accessdev/thread/1ebe021d-2e4e-4ec4-8abd-13f3710a619f?prof=required

http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access/38143/Access-2003-runtime-and-MS-Soap

I seems like this is a common issue with no resolution.  However, I am optimistic that either the Geniuses here on Experts-Exchange or some support tech from Microsoft will help me resolve this matter.  It could of course be a bug with Access 2010 and then I am at Microsoft's mercy as to whether or not it will ever get fixed.  

Thanks for giving a moments of your time to helping me out!
0
Comment
Question by:CharlieF2
  • 4
  • 3
8 Comments
 
LVL 74

Expert Comment

by:Jeffrey Coachman
ID: 36997486
Not sure, but do you have Office 2010 SP1 installed?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460049
0
 
LVL 1

Expert Comment

by:NicKno
ID: 36998788
I think there is no way that this issue is going to be fixed, since MS has stopped the support for the WSToolkit 3.0.

Have you tried to call your Webservices via MSXML2.XMLHTTP?
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:CharlieF2
ID: 36999889
No I haven't.  Can you point me to some documentation on how to use the MSXML2.XMLHTTP?
0
Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 
LVL 1

Expert Comment

by:NicKno
ID: 37000074
Hi Charlie,

you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/7924f6be-c035-411f-acd2-79de7a711b38.asp

I also can give you some examples, but it would take a while to simplify them.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:CharlieF2
ID: 37000102
Thanks NicKno - I've done a quick review and am wondering if this approach allows me to send a specific XML string to the webservice so that I can control what data the response contains?  Much of the documentation is in C/C# or Java etc. Are there examples using VB anywhere?  I could probably figure it out but I've wasted SO much time I'm trying to get through this as quickly as possible.  Thank you!
0
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
NicKno earned 2000 total points
ID: 37000324
Hi Charlie,

i attached a file containing a sample of a proxyclass for xmlhttprequests. I hope it helps.

Best regards. XMLHTTPRequest.txt
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:CharlieF2
ID: 37000556
By the way to boag2000 - I did apply the Office 2010 SP1 to the system I'm working on and this did not change the outcome.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I reviewed the detailed list of bugs addressed by the SP1 (which was an amazingly long list of crazy bugs!) but I didn't see in the list any references to fixing any Webservice or MSSOAP calls.  Nevertheless, I applied the SP but as I mentioned - there was no change to my problem.  
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:CharlieF2
ID: 37000565
NicKno - thank you for the code.  I will review it and try to get it working in my application.  Thank you so very much!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Windows Explorer let you handle zip folders nearly as any other folder: Copy, move, change, and delete, etc. In VBA you can also handle normal files and folders, but zip folders takes a little more - and that you'll find here.
A Case Study of using the Windows API to provide RS232 communications capability in Access without the use of Active-X controls.
Add bar graphs to Access queries using Unicode block characters. Graphs appear on every record in the color you want. Give life to numbers. Hopes this gives you ideas on visualizing your data in new ways ~ Create a calculated field in a query: …
This lesson discusses how to use a Mainform + Subforms in Microsoft Access to find and enter data for payments on orders. The sample data comes from a custom shop that builds and sells movable storage structures that are delivered to your property. …

571 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question