A Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (not yet SP1) with 8GB RAM is running with the default "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" set.
Currently the pagefile.sys is 8GB, residing on the system partition C: (which has now 1.5GB free)
Second partition D: (for "data") has 32GB free.
1. In how big chunks does the pagefile.sys grow (e.g. 1GB at a time)?
2. Will the system eventually move the pagefile.sys to the D: partition if there is too little (or no more) space available on the C:?
3. Similarly to '2'; will the system eventually create a second pagefile.sys on the D: partition, having/working with two pagefile's (that on C: and at the same time that on D:)?
4. Will the system at any point in time automatically "shrink" the pagefile.sys?
5. Can you refer to any Microsoft and/or Technet documentation about this?