MS exchange server working perfectly in Enterprise environment. Suddenly at 11:15AM stopped receiving external inbound emails.
- Receiving and Sending internally was working
- Sending Externally was working
No DNS, server, network changes had been made.
To resolve tried:
- stop and start of MTA
- Check HDD space and Event logs for any Backflow issues
All came up as ok
Restart of Server corrected email flow issues and inbound external emails flowed. Unknown cause / causes of issue. Does anyone have any ideas?
Only event I could find that possibly maybe an issue was
- The Edge Transport Service is running but the Forefront Agent is not registered
- The MS Information store is running but the Forefront VSAPI Library is not registered