Here is the situation.
An upgrade of an application modified the data files on an Oracle 9i. I have restored the datafiles from backup, but when starting the database it gives me the following…
ORA-01113: file 5 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 5: '/u01/SRV1/users/users01.dbf'
Most recommendations I have seen propose to do a: recover datafile '/u01/SRV1/users/users01.dbf'
Seems pretty straight forward but I have some questions before I attempt to do this.
1. Will the datafile change in any way or this only affects the control file?
2. Are the any other commands needed after the restore?
3. Should I shutdown the database before running the “recover”
4. Is there a better procedure you can advise?
5. I restored 6 datafiles in total. Should I leave the others datafiles alone, or should also do a recover on them?