I have several hundred Word files with many, many hyperlinks in them. These hyperlinks lead to other documents on our network share. Now, the folder names on the network share have changed, and therefor the links in the documents don't work anymore.
Is it possible to have a script, that will:
1. Open all Word documents (.doc and .docx) in a certain folder
2. Replace all the hyperlinks in the document that meet a certain criteria
3. Save and close the documents.
For example, the code would do the following;
1. Open test.doc (first document in the folder the code was started in)
2. Replace IF URL starts with "X:\share\old_name" THEN "X:\share\old_name\link1.doc" > "X:\share\new_name\link1.doc"
3. <repeat for all links in this document>
4. Save and close test.doc
5. Open test2.doc (second document) > go to step 2
Any help is greatly appreciated!