Lotus Domino Upgrades on iSeries and Windows 2003
Posted on 2011-10-25
We have the following configuration:
Running Domino 8.5.1FP4
Windows 2003 Server:
Running Domino 7.0.2 (clustered to the iSeries - I think this is the correct terminology)
Running Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 18.104.22.168
We are looking to move away from the Blackberry to Lotus Traveler, but this is in a LIVE environment and we have no backup servers available to really test with.
On the iSeries:
I know we need to update the iSeries to 8.5.3.
1. Has anyone done an incremental update like this on an iSeries?
2. Is there anything that needs to be done beforehand or just apply the update?
On the Windows 2003:
We also need to update from 7.0.2 to 8.5.3 here.
1. Has anyone done this?
2. Will it break the clustering?
3. Will BES still operate correctly after the update?
4. Can BES and Traveler operate at the same time?
5. Is removing BES as simple as uninstalling it? (After we get the last new devices deployed).
What we are planning is to get me a phone to test with first. Once we validate, we will then begin replacing Blackberry's one at a time until we are finished, then removing BES from the equation.
Sorry, but I am very new to this and don't know much about Domino except administration (NO installation or update experience here).
Thanks in advance!