Windows 7 display problem
Posted on 2011-10-25
I have a Dell Latitude running Windows 7 (64 bit) and I'm having a problem with the display that I've been unable to resolve.
When I boot Windows with a monitor connected via HDMI or DVI with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 everything behaves normally. The behavior changes as follows
- When I maximize eclipse or Notepad++ it maximizes to a screen resolution of 1600X1080, note that the screen resolution of the laptop's built in display is 1600x900, so it somehow takes on the width of the laptop's built in display.
- This behavior can also be seen when I try to drag a window off to the right of the screen. If I grab the window and drag it stops at the 1600 pixel width. If i grab a portion of the window in the area beyond 1600 pixels it snaps my mouse to the 1600 pixel edge and won't let me drag it further
- Note that I can see stuff in the full 1980 width
Things I've tried that haven't worked
1. changing windows theme to a non windows theme
2. disabling Windows Snap
3 changing screen resolutions applying and changing back
4 switching to dual display mode and back
Things I've noticed that have caused the problem to begin
1. Microsoft Outlook 2010 (32bit) Desktop Alerts
2. Password Safe v3.25
I'd appreciate any help in resolving this