I have problems with my Linux WEB server.
Among others, I have over 10 Microsoft web servers, some of them on ESX 4.1 platform, everything running smooth.
But on this particular Linux server I have weird issue:
- after REBOOT web server is blazing fast...really
- but after A COUPLE OF DAYS, server displays images really extremely SLOW...
Images draw line by line and it takes FEW MINUTES for image to display, regardless of image size; even thumbnails of few kB in size take 30-60 seconds to display on screen.
Now, what I have done already:
- tested from different locations, different OS, different browsers...there is always same problem
- setup new domain, new site....still the same problem
- tried with different JPEG compressions...no avail also
- copied images and whole web site to WINDOWS server...and it's normal there
- converted pages from PHP to flat HTML...woila, images display super fast
- ok, I googled for similar problem, and DISABLED persistent connections in APACHE config....but after few days all the same problem again
So conclusion is:
1.) Images display slow only via PHP processor.
2.) Problem becomes worse every day...until I reboot, then game start over
Ubuntu 10.4 LTS, patched and updated
Server is 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, RAID 10 SAS 15k disks, Dual Quad-core XEON
Located in datacenter, multiple backbone
Any idea what else (beside disabling persistent connections) should I try?