WSUS - files for this update have not yet been downloaded
Posted on 2011-10-26
I've got a new install of WSUS 3.0 SP2 loaded on my Windows 2008 R2 x64 server. No
errors in the event logs. Console looks good. It all appears to be running normally.
Simple single server installation. No additional downstream servers.
Configuration settings on the Update services console:
Update source and proxy Server
- download from Microsoft update services
- No Proxy server
Products and Classifications
- Checked the products I needed (Not all the products)
- Checked ALL Classifications
Update Files and Languages
- Selected the Store Radio button
- Checked download update files to th is server only when updates are approved
- Checked download express installation files
- Checked English only in the Update Languages tab
- Selected Syncronize Automatically one time a day at 10:30pm
Syncronizations show successful
- Default: when an update is in critical updates, definition updates, feature pack,
security, Service pack --- Approve the update for All computers
- Advanced tab:
- Auto approve updates to the WSUS product itself is checked
- Auto approve new revisions is checked
- Auto decline when new revision causes them to expire is checked
- Use the Update Services Console radio button is selected
Server Cleanup Wizard
- Everything is checked
- Roll up status from replica downstream servers selected
Microsoft Update Improvement Program
WSUS Server Configuration Wizard
I have assigned/approved all of the updates/service packs etc to the appropriate
computer groups. I have gone to updates and selected Import updates. Selected a couple
to download. Report says download is successful. Overview shows updates needed by
computers. Computers (in the console) show the workstations reporting and updates needed. When I select one of the computers needing updates, it shows the updates/service packs I show to be downloaded from the imports process. However, when I click on any/all of the
updates, it says:
The files for this update have not yet been downloaded. Ergo, the updates do not show
up on the workstations for installation.
IIS is good and set as default on port 80 for /SelfUpdate. Folders are browseable per install instructions. I believe that if I can determine how to get the updates downloaded to the server, or how to track down what's happening, everything else will fall into place.
Obviously I'm a beginner with this program and I've listed everything I know about the problem so please be gentle and specific if you can/are willing to offer help. Criticism is welcome.
thanx for any help, advice and/or criticisms.