Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
?
Solved

Occupy Wall Street Free Ride

Posted on 2011-10-28
196
Medium Priority
?
28 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-12
What's different that the Tea Party had to pay and the OWS freaks do not?




In April, the Richmond Tea Party held a Tax Day Rally in Kanawha Plaza. They say before they could use the city venue they were charged nearly $10,000 and had to comply with a series of usage forms and procedures.

"And they’re (OWS) not having to pay for the park, they’re not getting permits, they’re not paying for police, they’re not paying for port-o-potties, they’re not paying for emergency personnel," Owens says.



Richmond Tea Party wants refund after seeing Occupy Richmond protesters camp out for free
http://www.baltimoresun.com/wtvr-richmond-tea-party-wants-refund-after-seeing-occupy-richmond-protesters-camp-out-for-free-20111026,0,7835310.story
0
Comment
Question by:carsRST
  • 55
  • 39
  • 29
  • +5
196 Comments
 
LVL 17

Assisted Solution

by:Anthony Russo
Anthony Russo earned 28 total points
ID: 37044462
The Tea Party had a more scheduled organized rally.

The OWS is a more random unorganized group just staying in one place.

The Tea Party rally had designated leaders that were in charge of putting it together.

The OWS has nobody in charge and just happened by people spreading word.

Not at all saying it is fair, but it is just why it happened the way it did. I'm sure the Tea Party could have organized on FB and in ways the OWS did and gotten their get together without having to get permits and things. However this would have been much less organized and wouldnt have had the live performances and other perks:

Kanawha Plaza (see map at bottom of page)
Downtown Richmond 

5:00 – 6:00pm – Live music 

6:00 – 7:30pm – Rally 

Emceed again by Richmond’s own: 

Doc Thompson, WRVA Radio 

Additional speakers to be annouced soon! 

Papa John’s Pizza available on-site at the plaza.

We will be selling merchandise at the Rally. Come early to find parking, hear great music, and pick up a t-shirt! 

The OWS have none of this. As usual if you pay for something, you get better quality of it. The same holds true for organizing a crowd.
0
 
LVL 29

Assisted Solution

by:leonstryker
leonstryker earned 28 total points
ID: 37044573
Irony:

"If you're going to come here and get our food, bedding and clothing, have books and medical supplies for no charge, they need to give back," Digioia said. "There's a lot of takers here and they feel entitled."

http://www.bluegrasspundit.com/2011/10/ironic-ows-protesters-complain-about.html
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37045502
Not surprising. But don't see the relation to the question or my comment at all.
0
[Webinar] Database Backup and Recovery

Does your company store data on premises, off site, in the cloud, or a combination of these? If you answered “yes”, you need a data backup recovery plan that fits each and every platform. Watch now as as Percona teaches us how to build agile data backup recovery plan.

 
LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:leonstryker
ID: 37045525
>But don't see the relation to the question or my comment at all.

Since the Zone is set at 50 pts maximum, no relation is needed.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37045632
Here might be an OWS agenda:


4:30 pm -- breakfast

5:00 – 6:00pm – Live music From "F*ck The USA"

6:00 – 7:30pm – Chant incoherent statements

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- sh*t on police cars

8:00 - 9:00 pm -- organize tomorrow's anti-capitalism rally using electronic gadgets given by capitalism

9:00 pm on - Sex, drugs, dirty up the city


0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37046027
I was going to just let this slide, but do either of you have an actual point that has to do with my answer to the question? Or would you rather just bash OWS instead?

I'm not even defending OWS, but simply stating that the Tea Party got services for the money they paid.  
Without paying the money they could not have had the rally they did.

0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37046058
Anthony, I don't really understand your point.  Both occupied the same ground; one was charged and one wasn't.  

As we know, there is organization.  

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-in-occupy-movement/
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37046120
It's prejudice.  You don't have to be black or white, hispanic or chinese, christian or muslim to feel prejudice.  In this case it's political prejudice and that is why the main stream media aligns themselves with OWS instead of Tea Party.  They are prejudice towards the Tea Party.  They don't like them because of what they stand for, nothing more and nothing less.
0
 
LVL 2

Accepted Solution

by:
beetos earned 32 total points
ID: 37046778
You guys are so silly.

It's all part of the liberal conspiracy - you know, how we're going to get you guys to go to work so we can stay home?   I know I'm not spilling the beans because Fox News has been warning you about our plans for a Socialist Utopia.

0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37047232
>>Anthony, I don't really understand your point.  Both occupied the same ground; one was charged and one wasn't.  

You don't think the Tea Party would have been able to just have everybody show up there without having to pay? They could have easily did that just like OWS did. Then they would have had a much different rally. By securing the park with payment, they were able to get a better rally organized and have the events that they had there. Had they not paid, the police would have showed up to 'observe' such a large crowd but left them alone since they disperse within the same day.

>>It's prejudice.  You don't have to be black or white, hispanic or chinese, christian or muslim to feel prejudice.  In this case it's political prejudice...

I have not said one negative thing against the Tea Party in this thread. Everyone has prejudice (to pre-judge). I have an prejudice for the Tea Party as I  have an equal but different prejudice for the OWS crowd. I understand where they both are coming from but I support neither of them as they are both representing the more stronger sides of their parties, which I belong to neither party since I am Independent.

I'm just stating facts of the question that was asked to support my answer.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047319
>>You don't think the Tea Party would have been able to just have everybody show up there without having to pay?

First, the Tea Party follows the law.  Second, had they acted like these OWS nuts, they would have been kicked, arrested out a long time ago.  


>>They could have easily did that just like OWS did.

Destroy stimulus grass?  Poop on cars?  Sing nasty songs about their own country?



I understand where you're coming from, but there's an obvious double standard with economic consequences.  
0
 
LVL 2

Assisted Solution

by:Tlingit
Tlingit earned 28 total points
ID: 37047338
I am stating facts too.  Look back at the beginning of the Tea Party movement and see how the media handled them and then compare how they handle OWS.  It is prejudice in my opinion to the extreme.  The news media is supposed to be unbiased but they are clearly not.

This one is for you Beetos: the only news organization that is fair and balanced is, well, Fox News.  They are always breaking news where the other news media are following their lead because they eventually will have to carry the story.  How many times on MSNBC has any of them reported on Solyndra, and how soon after the fact did they have to report on it, even if they did.  They were forced to report on Acorn, Fast and Furious, and Solyndra only because Fox picked up on it first.  If it wasn't for Fox they wouldn't run the story.
0
 
LVL 2

Assisted Solution

by:bergertime
bergertime earned 28 total points
ID: 37047341
I think Anthony is right, The Tea party was more organized.  Go figure. I guess it's kinda like me, I'm organized yet I have to pay for all the deadbeats.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047368
>>How many times on MSNBC has any of them reported on Solyndra,

Beetos and like two other people watch MSNBC.  

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37047404
>>Beetos and like two other people watch MSNBC.

One of the other two must be one of my brothers.  One of my brothers loves watching Rachel Madcow.  He doesn't know jack sh!t but he thinks he does.
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37047408
>>the only news organization that is fair and balanced is, well, Fox News.

You may believe in their agenda on Fox News but there is no way you believe their reporting is fair and balanced, do you?

Same goes for CNN, MSNBC, etc. They are obviously leaned to the left and Fox news is their counter-balance.

No news organization is fair and balanced, and Fox News isn't even close. If you belive that is fair and balanced then see carsRST other thread on brainwashing.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047433
>>You may believe in their agenda on Fox News but there is no way you believe their reporting is fair and balanced, do you?


Off subject but...

You're mixing their opinion programs (O'reilly and Hannity) with their news program.  Every time I watch the news aspect, they ALWAYS have both republican and democrat strategist.  News is reported without opinion.


0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37047446
>>You're mixing their opinion programs (O'reilly and Hannity) with their news program.

Understand about the difference between opinion shows and news shows - which shows of theirs are news shows again?
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047458
>>Understand about the difference between opinion shows and news shows - which shows of theirs are news shows again?

Glenn Beck is off now.  He was the most balanced.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047487
This one is for you Beetos: the only news organization that is fair and balanced is, well, Fox News.  They are always breaking news where the other news media are following their lead because they eventually will have to carry the story.  How many times on MSNBC has any of them reported on Solyndra, and how soon after the fact did they have to report on it, even if they did.  They were forced to report on Acorn, Fast and Furious, and Solyndra only because Fox picked up on it first.  If it wasn't for Fox they wouldn't run the story.



Fox "breaks" a story by casting allegations on their "opinion" shows, which then show up in there news shows with "Some people are saying..."  when we all know the one saying it is Roger Ailes.

I saw Solyndra reported on every news channel.  They may not trumpet it every hour for days on end because they're not propaganda stations like Fox News.   I've said before there should be a thorough investigation and any wrong found should lead to someone being held accountable.  But I think it's a case of a company failing, and not the huge corruption deal you think it is. Let's see what the facts are.

Other news organizations will usually wait until they verify the facts before reporting.  For Fox, an insinuation is enough.  All of Okeefe's videos were heavily doctored and blatant lies.  Acorn was put out of business under false pretenses; the full video showed that.  Did Fox ever do a retraction?  

Climategate is another non-scandal.  After months of blabbing about climategate as evidence that global warming is a hoax on Fox news, an independent study founded by the Koch brothers no less, verified that not only weren't the scientists guilty of what they were being accused of, but that global warming is in fact real and a threat.  Fox news retraction???? No.  Reporting on the results of that report?? Crickets.



...and you guys think Democrats are brainwashed?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37047494
>>You're mixing their opinion programs (O'reilly and Hannity) with their news program.

Even their opinion programs have both left and right representitives.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047513
Glenn Beck is off now.  He was the most balanced.

That's great Cars.  Thanks again for the laugh.

I challenge you to list the hours they show news.  No need to list the opinion show times, please, just list the news shows.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047516
>>an independent study founded by the Koch brothers no less, verified that not only weren't the scientists guilty of what they were being accused of, but that global warming is in fact real and a threat.



Better tell that to the people of Connecticut where they're expecting a huge snow storm this weekend...in OCTOBER.  Up to 12 inches are possible.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Connecticut-October-snow-snowstorm--132771003.html?dr
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047522
>>That's great Cars.  Thanks again for the laugh.


That one was for you, Beetos.  :)

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047588
Exactly Cars,

What the scientists have been saying for years now is that global warming will lead to climate change such that we will see extremes in weather conditions, like the flooding of the east coast that we saw this year, the dust storms and wildfires in Texas, and now this blizzard extremely early in the season.

So yes, we should tell the good people of Connecticut that global warming will lead to winter storms and big blizzards earlier in the year,  just like the reports and scientists have been saying.  Glad we could agree on that.

0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047621
>>So yes, we should tell the good people of Connecticut that global warming will lead to winter storms


So what you're saying is that we have global warming b/c the East Anglia scientists distorted their research and tried to pass off fake science?  And b/c of that we're having a snow storm this weekend?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37047679
No we have global warming because the weather changes.....see 65 millon years ago when the world was ruled by dinosaurs, we had no weather change, it was sunny and 65 all the time.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047707
Science - who needs it!    Right Republicans?

Wait a minute - dinosaurs?  65 million years ago?  I thought the world was only like 5,000 yrs old?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37047720
Why did global warming change to climate change?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047727
Why did global warming change to climate change?

So conservatives could understand what it meant.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37047731
I thought the world was only like 5,000 yrs old?

That's because your liberal and think with your emotions and not logic.  But I still see hope for you since your against public schools.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047744
>>No we have global warming because the weather changes.....see 65 millon years ago when the world was ruled by dinosaurs, we had no weather change, it was sunny and 65 all the time.


Look at the emissions coming from Fred's car.  

 fred-flintstone-wilma-slaghoople.jpg
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047766
Got me again Cars, good one!
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37047801
Climate change must be contributing to Obama's poll numbers too and also the poor economy.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37047838
No Tlingit, I finally figured it out.  Libs are starting to realize blaming bush is getting old so they have a new enemy the 1%.  Keep telling yourself "Blame the 1%....Blame the 1%.".  I knew you could.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37047909
>> Libs are starting to realize blaming bush is getting old

I guarantee you'll hear "inherited" a bazillion times when B Hussein O'carter starts campaigning hard next year.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37047934
Who can afford to go his fundraisers and then contribute the amount they contribute?  I can't afford that.  He's too expensive for me.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37047955
But just keep in mind he's here for the bottom 99%, although you have to be in the 1% to go.  
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37047990
You mean kind of the way you guys keep chanting "small government" and blaming "regulations" for everything?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37048011
>>You mean kind of the way you guys keep chanting "small government" and blaming "regulations" for everything?

What does this have to do with going to one of Obama's fundraisers?  Do you think any of the OWS protesters can afford to go to one of his fundraisers?  I doubt it.  Super Bowl tickets cost less than these.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37048027
Tling,

So you would then agree with the protesters that money in politics is an issue as it gives more voice to those with resources than to those without?  

Or is fundraising only bad when Democrats do it?

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37048130
>>Or is fundraising only bad when Democrats do it?

Anything that a Democrat does is bad, yes.  They shouldn't be allowed to do anything.
0
 
LVL 6

Assisted Solution

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
Mujtaba_Alam_Khan earned 28 total points
ID: 37052261
Public Park..
Pay the police - you got to be joking..
Potties they would be paying for, unless it a public..
Emergency again Public.

---

City venue vs public park.


-Muj ;-|
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37058099


>>Potties they would be paying for, unless it a public..

Police cars?
0
 
LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:leonstryker
ID: 37059293
Here is an interesting perspective on this issue;

http://guerrillaeconomics.com/flower-punk/
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37061623
You call potties.. police cars.. ROFL!!

Anyway they are paid by the State. It's a very silly point to make. You don't directly pay the police for using a Public Place! Beside the OWS didn't call them, it was people in the Wall St.

-Muj ;-|
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37061997
Muj, the OWS beatniks don't need porta potties when they have police cars.

wall-street-police-car-626x361.jpg
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37062424
>>Muj, the OWS beatniks don't need porta potties when they have police cars.

One unfortunate lowlife and you are going to tie this to OWS forever. Move on man. This is not representative of the majority of OWS and you know it, regardless of how lazy you think they are. There isn't a bunch of people doing this.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37062486
Yea the rest of 'em are trying to run those low life homeless who are eating their roasted duck with garlic sauce, tender baby corn and of course sheep’s-milk-cheese salad.  They need a new slogan.  WE WANT FREE STUFF AND WE EXPECT TO BE FED WELL.  Are the homeless part of the 99% or do they just not even count?  Maybe they only count if they have student loan debt.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37062490
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37062505
I've gone to a number of Tea Parties, including the DC one, and I've yet to see a "spank" fest at any of them.
0
 
LVL 33

Assisted Solution

by:knightEknight
knightEknight earned 28 total points
ID: 37062666
>> Richmond Tea Party wants refund after seeing Occupy Richmond protesters camp out for free.

I hope the TP is really just trying to call attention to the distinction, and not really expecting a refund.  They agreed to comply with the laws and pay all the necessary fees up front.  Just because OWS is not doing this is no reason for everyone else to fold on their responsibilities to live within the law.
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37062681
> One < 

It was one & the other news was one also or else the would have set a new Gusiness Record by now for potties or the other thing

-Muj ;-/
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37062821
>>I hope the TP is really just trying to call attention to the distinction, and not really expecting a refund.  

Then should the OWS beatniks/public masterbaters/"F*ck the USA/police car poopers be removed for breaking the law?

 
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37062943
cars you really hate OWS don't you..

-Muj ;-/
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37063263
OK cars. There are thousands involved with OWS. One crapped a police car and one went off on himself.

Posting 3 links to one story doesn't make it bigger. It's still just one other degenerate. And if you find a few more it is still an infinitesimal small representation of the people involved.

To constantly regard them all as public masterbaters/police car poopers is ridiculous.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37064000
>>To constantly regard them all as public masterbaters/police car poopers is ridiculous.

From the OWS, we have public sex, drugs, police car poops, F*ck The USA bands, public masterbaters, riots,fights, etc...  Not to mention they've made a mess and damaged a lot of property.

This group demonizes an economic philosophy that made the US the greatest nation on the earth in a relatively short time.  This they do using tools that would not have been invented had there been no capitalism.  

How do you describe them?

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37064108
I think it's funny they have applied for c copyright on OWS and Occupy Wall Street.  Now why would these people need a copyright?  They said they plan on selling shirts, coffee mugs and anything else they can sell.  Capitalism at it's finest.  I just feel sorry for all the people who have bought into it and worked hard for it, being scamed like that.  Oh yeah and don't feed the homeless they may multiplie.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37064384
>>Not to mention they've made a mess and damaged a lot of property.

Not to mention the mess and damage caused by deregulation of the financial industry...
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37064395
>>This group demonizes an economic philosophy that made the US the greatest nation on the earth in a relatively short time.  This they do using tools that would not have been invented had there been no capitalism.  

>>How do you describe them?

I think your description in that paragraph fits well. They are frustrated with the system and want to change it, but have no real idea how to do so because they are not educated enough on how things have to work.

You seem to think I support them. I never stated that. I understand why they are doing what they are doing, but they have no idea what outcome they want and aren't going to accomplish anything. I just don't agree with your bashing of them all the time.

>>I think it's funny they have applied for c copyright on OWS and Occupy Wall Street.  Now why would these people need a copyright?  They said they plan on selling shirts, coffee mugs and anything else they can sell.  Capitalism at it's finest.  I just feel sorry for all the people who have bought into it and worked hard for it, being scamed like that.

Agree 100% this is a hypocritical move and stupid of them for doing it. But they wont anyway as they aren't organized enough to pull it off and then will fight about the income if they make any.

Capitalism is set up the way it is because it works. Them wanting to sell t-shirts shows it is a good working system. The problem is when there are billionaires while people starve. But in most cases since beginning of humanity this has been the case. I'm hardly rich but I strive to get closer to it every day. I understand their frustration of the imbalance, but it is just the way capitalism works. If everyone was rich, nobody would be providing the lesser services.


It is much more complicated than OWS makes it out to be, and also those that condemn them.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37064463
>>You seem to think I support them. I never stated that.

I don't think you support them.  You're an obvious intelligent person.  



>>I understand why they are doing what they are doing,

Have you seen the interviews?  They don't even know why they're there.  This is the next generation, and that really scares me; just look at the shape liberals have put the country in now.


The OWS remind me of the "walkers" on the AMC show "The Walking Dead."  I say that but think the "walkers" have more intelligence.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37064475
Look at interviews from non-News Corp sources Cars, and maybe you'll get a different perspective.
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37064517
>>They don't even know why they're there.

They don't know what specifically they are there for or what they want. They all know they are there because they are frustrated with "the system" though. A lot of them just can't articulate it or specify any of it. And none of them (or us) know how to change it.

They have this Utopian idea in their head where nobody is poor, but that isn't reality. Never was and never will be. Doesn't mean though that if you are poor for long, it doesn't get frustrating to see those that are rich. Then you want to do something about it, but don't know what to do, so you go do the protest thing of the 60s. Social media allowed it to grow and come together, but there still isn't anything they can do about the situation.

The majority really aren't bad people. Just frustrated and without real guidance.

0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37064525
>>The OWS remind me of the "walkers" on the AMC show "The Walking Dead."

I love The Walking Dead BTW. Greatest show in years.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37064673
>>I love The Walking Dead BTW. Greatest show in years.

Agree.  



>>Look at interviews from non-News Corp sources Cars, and maybe you'll get a different perspective.

Are they reading Obama's teleprompter?
0
 
LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:leonstryker
ID: 37064732
>Are they reading Obama's teleprompter?

No, they do not need to. They got a direct download/upload with it.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37065259
Nice!


 
The Occupy Wall Street movement, which says its goals include improving the economic lot for 99 percent of Americans, may have some explaining to do to some cafe workers now out of a job.

Mark Epstein, owner of the Milk Street Cafe at 40 Wall Street, just let 21 employees go.

The reason? The barricades police have set up throughout Wall Street as a consequence of the ongoing demonstration.


http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/11/01/milk-street-cafe-owner-sacks-21-employees-as-consequence-of-occupy-wall-street-demonstration/
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37065287
> The reason? The barricades police <

Who put the barricade up, the police. Not the OWS. Who wants the police there, people from the Wall St.
Mystery solved!

-Muj ;-)
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37065313
>>Who put the barricade up,

You think these lazy deadbeats are going to go through all the work to put up a barricade?



>> Who wants the police there,

Not MC Ren, Ice Cube, and Eazy Mother F*ckin' E.


0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37065419
> You think these lazy deadbeats are going to go through all the work to put up a barricade? <

The police did! To keep the OWS locked in.

-Muj ;-|
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37065444
>> To keep the OWS locked in.

Hopefully it's ventilated.  

But you have to imagine the fumes are contributing to global warming.  Last thing these beatniks want is to piss off Al Gore.



0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37065492
Who's lazier,

People sitting at home watching their favorite "news" program and shaking their fist at everybody from their own couch, or the protesters who've camped out over a month now to make their point?

There's a big misconception about the OWS in this thread:  They don't think everyone should be rich, they don't think no one should be rich; they don't think no one should be poor.  What they're saying is that financial influence in politics has changed the rules we all live by to favor those who already have wealth, while shifting most of the burden on to those who don't.   The evidence of this is the radical transfer of wealth to the top 1% that we've seen over the last few decades.

You can keep ignoring that point, as you've been, and keep deriding the protesters as you wish.   They may never have concrete goals, and if they do, they may never reach them, but they've already changed the conversation to the point where even Republicans are talking about income discrepancy.  No doubt, they will have some influence on the next election.  
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37065515
>  Last thing these beatniks want is to piss off Al Gore. <

Al Gore Strongly Supports #Occupy Wall Street

http://www.treehugger.com/culture/al-gore-strongly-supports-occupy-wall-street.html

ROFL!

-Muj ;-D
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37065694
You have got to be kidding, Al "I'll ban your music" Gore is reason enough to make fun of them.  But I do think they sghould have to share their Sheep's milk salad with the homeless.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37065942
Stephen Colbert can't figure out what they are protesting and is offering his services.

http://nation.foxnews.com/stephen-colbert/2011/11/01/colbert-visits-occupy-wall-street-dressed-che-guevara
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37066408
Another rape at OWS.

http://nation.foxnews.com/occupy-wall-street/2011/11/01/woman-describes-rape-occupy-wall-street

How many rapes does this make at these protests?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37066467
Here is a comprehensive list of protesters arrested so far.

http://biggovernment.com/jjmnolte/2011/10/28/occupywallstreet-the-rap-sheet-so-far/
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37066967
>>How many rapes does this make at these protests?

Follows their pattern.  They not only rape and steal from each other but they want to rape and steal from hard working Americans.  

You'd think they'd be too lazy to rape, but apparently not.
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37067659
So a few hundred of the bottom section of OWS got arrested. Majority for trespassing or assault or the usual stuff that happens outside a bar on a weekend night. Then there are the few real lowlifes as well which we already discussed.

There are hundreds of thousands of people involved in this movement though.

I hardly think you can classify the whole movement as nothing but lowlifes and rapists and thieves.


0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37068047
You don't even know if those people are part of the movement. It's NY City. Millions of people passing by & near by.

-Muj ;-/
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37069002
>>You don't even know if those people are part of the movement.

For the Tea Party you had "Crash The Tea Party" which involved a bunch of left wingers doing stupid things at Tea Party rallies so the media would cover it.  


The OWS bunch embarrass themselves pretty badly as it is.  No outside help needed.

0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37069274
>> No outside help needed .

They are pretty much outside.

-Muj ;-)
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071046
This list is comprehensive and accurate about who and what parties were involved.  How many arrests has the Tea Parties have had so far?

They caught and arrested the OWS pervert, oops I mean protester, who assaulted the 14 year old girl.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Occupy-Dallas-man-arrested-for-sexual-assault-133033828.html

Thousands of OWS perverts, oops, happened again, I mean protesters, get tested for STDs.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/occupy_ball_street_aIoZXVqZ3hU8Zm9oX5aGWM
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37071083
So let me get this straight, not only do you get to have have sex, they are also passing out cash at the medical tent to get your STD checkup AND you get free Sheeps milk salad with roasted duck to boot, plus of course their running off those gross homeless people.  Do I have to buy a ticket?
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37071183
>>Thousands of OWS perverts, oops, happened again, I mean protesters, get tested for STDs.

Thousands? Where in that article did it say thousands? It could have been 5 or 50. Not like the media would exaggerate anything to make a headline that might help sell news for them. But at least they did not anywhere say thousands.

Don't ruin your credibility by blatantly making up your own fact or number.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071212
>>Don't ruin your credibility by blatantly making up your own fact or number.

No, we don't want to tarnish OWS perverts good reputation, don't we?  LOL
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37071215
>>Thousands? Where in that article did it say thousands? It could have been 5 or 50.

The bigger question is how many did NOT get tested and are spreading their nastiness around?

And, another issue, if there's breeding going on, I feel bad for a kid produced by two lazy deadbeats.  
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37071230
>>No, we don't want to tarnish OWS perverts good reputation, don't we?  LOL

It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the discussion staying with facts or opinions and not outright lies or made up numbers.

Do you have any way to back up "Thousands" or did you totally make it up?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37071237
Think I could score a bag of weed if I went?  Might make that salad better.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071238
>>And, another issue, if there's breeding going on, I feel bad for a kid produced by two lazy deadbeats.

It could turn out positive like in mathematics: two negatives equal a positive.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37071262
OWS Offspring ?


 baby.jpg
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37071272
>>Do you have any way to back up "Thousands" or did you totally make it up?

So we are just going to avoid this question? I guess answer is known then and credibility diminished.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071276
Cars, I don't where you come up with these, but they sure are funny.  That was great.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071330
>>So we are just going to avoid this question? I guess answer is known then and credibility diminished.

Sorry for avoiding your question, I really wasn't.  But there is no actual number given, so your 5 or 50 is wrong as well.  I put thousands since it seemed like a lot of protesters were being tested.  But I agree with Cars, take a good look at that picture.  That's classic.  I can't stop laughing.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37071331
>>Cars, I don't where you come up with these,

Hidden camera in the medicaid ward of a hospital

0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37071526
>>But there is no actual number given, so your 5 or 50 is wrong as well.  I put thousands since it seemed like a lot of protesters were being tested.

My statement was "It could have been 5 or 50."

Your statement was: "Thousands of OWS perverts, oops, happened again, I mean protesters, get tested for STDs."

My statement is a guess as to what might have happened with no misleading information or fact stated and therefore cannot be designated as wrong or misrepresenting the argument.

Your statement is stated as a straight fact that was completely made up out of thin air. Unless you have any other possible justification, it appears as if it was made up to make the entirety of the OWS seem like they needed STD testing to strengthen your weak argument.

Since there is no knowledge of the number that got the STD testing and the article never mentions any number, you fabricated it completely as there is nothing in the article that makes it even "seem" that there were a lot of people that went for STD testing.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071639
I think your real beef is that there is so much negative, illicit acts with OWS protesters to the point you can't get over it, so you attack the amount of people getting tested as opposed to the possible social issue that is coming out of what they are doing.  Can you imagine if at a Tea Party rally protesters started having sex, public masterbation, peeing everywhere, pooping every where, causing riots and confrontation with police, rapes, to name but a few things that are going on at OWS?  You would be bugged about this and nothing else.  I would be bugged about it also.  But none of these things happened at Tea Party rallies, but they are happening at OWS protests.
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37071718
>>I think your real beef is that there is so much negative, illicit acts with OWS protesters...

Nice deflection of the question.

You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. Lets stick with actual facts from now on if we can.

That's my only beef.


0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37071749
>>You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. Lets stick with actual facts from now on if we can.  That's my only beef.

If that's your only beef, I agree, I probably shouldn't have put a number to it.
0
 
LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:leonstryker
ID: 37071854
Interestingly enough the protest in NYC is taking place on private property (Zuccotti Park)
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37073049
Interesting Infographic:

76% are employed or full-time students
90% college educated or more
70% Independent politically

Maybe they aren't all rapists, thieves and lowlifes.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1792056/occupy-wall-street-demographics-infographic
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37073104
Maybe they are all rapists, thieves and lowlifes.

'Half (52%) have participated in a political movement before, virtually all (98%) say they would support civil disobedience to achieve their goals, and nearly one-third (31%) would support violence to advance their agenda.'
Polls Rock!
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37073115
most believe in the mommy state can care for them better than they can.

Sixty-five percent say that government has a moral responsibility to guarantee all citizens access to affordable health care, a college education, and a secure retirement—no matter the cost. By a large margin (77%-22%), they support raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans, but 58% oppose raising taxes for everybody, with only 36% in favor.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073218
An opinion piece using a poll they conducted themselves from News Corp?

Who would have guessed they would paint the protesters in a negative way?
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073249
>>Who would have guessed they would paint the protesters in a negative way?


A turd can only be polished so much.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37073256
That's why I said polls rock....hello Beetos, I thought you would get that.  I understand the frustration, life is hard and in many cases unfair, just ask Steve Jobs. IMO the most fair way to pass out resources is based on a person's contribution and even that's not always fair.  You know what I don't get, is why someone can't be for the OWS and Tea Party.  But to run down the TP where there was not a single arrest and there were several websites set up to get people to go to the TP's and act like fools to discredit them, people still have a bad impression of them, yet you have the OWS where scores of people have been arrested, you've had people raped and etc......yet people defend it.  I will say this, I think this shows Obama will not win re-election.  These are the people that put him in the white house and I think they are pissed off.  
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37073261
Beetos, why was AR's polls more believable than mine?  Because they said what you wanted to hear?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073343
The poll you cited was conducted by a writer at the WSJ for his opinion piece.  That's very likely to have a bias.  Kind of like a Fox "News" poll.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37073556
Beetos, do you have a reputable source for news?  Besides of course CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, BBC, NYT, to name but a few because these sources are all bias favoring the left.  That's why you don't hear anything credible from them because they don't have any news to begin with.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073572
There's a perception in the conservative world that all news sources that don't have a conservative bias are biased to the left.   They also believe these same biased news organizations aren't biased at all, are even handed, yet they defend them by saying they're a counter to the "left wing bias of the mainstream".     Yes, I know, it's nonsensical.

Aside from MSNBC, I don't think your accusation holds water.
I'm not familiar with BBC reporting, so I can't comment on them.

0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073580
Beetos, name a news organization that covered Obama and his radical ties the way Cain is being covered?

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073632
No news org's covered Obama's radical ties because they are BS - just guilt by association and conjecture.  

Fox News covered them constantly, but they are more like a right wing propaganda machine than a news org.

How did the news organizations treat Clinton?  How did they treat John Edwards?  Anthony Weiner?

All televised media seems to love a sex scandal, the same way all weathermen love a snow storm.  


Do you think Cain is being unfairly targeted?  Is it made up?  

For the record, I think harassment laws are way overprotective.  I would not judge Cain on this issue without knowing the facts.    However, I don't think he's doing a good job of defending himself.  In fact, I think there are other shoes that are going to drop.  Either way,  I doubt if he'll be the Republican nominee.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073664
>>How did they treat John Edwards?

I believe the media sat on the John Edwards story for months.  And with Edwards they had details.  Cain they have nothing.



>>Do you think Cain is being unfairly targeted?

No.  I just with the media would give the same treatment to Democrats. Grossly biased.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37073686
>>There's a perception in the conservative world that all news sources that don't have a conservative bias are biased to the left.

There is no perception here.  It is a fact.  Now we can go on and on on how Obama got elected through the help of the media, but to entertain you here is a small list of what the media didn't cover until Fox news reported on first.  For the most part, once again it was Fox who broke the story and then the other news organizations reluctantly followed suit.  Even after Fox covered it they still failed to report on it.

Obama and Bill Ayers relationship
Obama and Rev Right relationship
Obama's family history, muslim father, birth place, and birth certificate
The full implications of the health care law
Acorn
Black Panters
Fast and Furious
Solyndra
Full coverage of "Joe the Plumber" after he asked Obama a simple question about his tax plan
Full attack on Sarah Palin and her family

Most of the news about Obama and all things mentioned above you get it from Fox or talk radio.  You wouldn't get any of it from any of the other news organizations, so if it weren't for Fox most people would be walking around ill-informed about what is actually going on in the realm of politics.  You wouldn't know anything about Acorn, Fast and Furious, or Solyndra.  Solyndra would even be mentioned.  You would be thinking Obama is doing a great job as President and that he needs to be elected again in 2012.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073703
Tlingit,

That's precisely why Beetos doesn't like Fox.  He wants silence on anything negative towards Democrats and liberals.  He gets that from all the other networks.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073732
That's great Tling,

Not only are conservatives victims, conservative news organizations are as well?

Of course Obama couldn't get elected on his platform, it took a widespread conspiracy of media organizations coupled with voter fraud.  Luckily, the Republicans are working on implementing lots of voter laws to thwart democratic voters from voting again, as well as redistricting things in their favor.  Because we need fair and balanced elections.  Right?


Acorn?? ACORN?

That's a great example -  a right wing conservative smear campaign against a community group using a heavily edited videotape.   The full version of the tape showed the exact opposite of the accusations.  It was a clear hit job, but the damage was done thanks to FOX NEWS!!!

Joe the Plumer - even the executives at Fox News didn't believe the public would swallow the "redistribution of wealth" meme, but they did.  

What about the double date of Greta and Sean with the Palins?  Fair and balanced?

Obama's birth certificate? Ok, we're done.  No need to go into anything else.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073765
>>Of course Obama couldn't get elected on his platform, it took a widespread conspiracy of media organizations coupled with voter fraud.

Obama got elected on his many years of experience as a community organizer, voting "present" in the Illinois senate, sitting 20 years in a hate filled church, 1 year in the Senate, and talk on how he wanted to bankrupt the coal industry.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073789
Nice Cars, so you admit that he was elected?  You admit that he actually won the office of President of the United States?  Are you actually giving him credit for an accomplishment?

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37073800
>>Are you actually giving him credit for an accomplishment?

Why, are you looking for at least one accomplishment by this president?  It's pretty hard to come by these days.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073804
>>Are you actually giving him credit for an accomplishment?

I certainly give him credit for this:

1.  $14,993,709,044,140.78 in debt
2.  15% of the US on food stamps
3.  9.1% unemployment
4.  Average duration of unemployment is 40.5 weeks, which has more than doubled from three years ago


I wouldn't expect anything else from a community organizer president.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073826
Ah yes,

Debt that began before he was born, never mind elected President, is his fault.

As is the global financial crisis and our recession that all started before he was President.
lt ?

I wouldn't expect anything else from a partisan hack.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37073852
>>As is the global financial crisis and our recession that all started before he was President.
lt ?

February 2009
Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn in 3 Years
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37073864
October 2010

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37074167
So hard to keep a thread in the Politics zone on subject. Always off on tangents and just goes back to party bashing.

:sigh:
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37074390
Here's another news clip from our only trusted news source Fox News.  You will not get this kind of news from any other news station, only at Fox because they are brave enough to report this kind of stuff; plus I don't think the other news organizations are authorized from their boss to report any negative news about OWS, are they?  This one is for you Beetos.  Watch and enjoy.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html#/v/1255399413001/crime-rising-at-occupy-protests/?playlist_id=86923
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37074516
Bill O' could find a boogeyman in a box of cheerios.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37075575
It shouldn't be a surprise that crime is rising at an event made up of lazy, entitled, deadbeats.

But wow the hell can there be that many of them working?  I know Bill Clinton passed the Family Medical Leave act, but I didn't know it covered lazy bums?






0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:Tlingit
ID: 37079287
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37079394
> This video is great by South Park.  A must see. <

OMG, I was just thinking about this today, that if SP where going to make a episode about OWS.
Thanks for sharing Tling.

-Muj ;-)
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37082247
>>[Beetos:] Acorn was put out of business under false pretenses;

Gosh darn it.  Another ACORN scandal.  How many does this make now?




ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/03/acorn-officials-scramble-firing-workers-and-shredding-documents-after-exposed/


Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.






0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37101383
If you ignore them singing "F*ck the USA," publicly masturbating, pooping on police cars, attacking vendors with blood and urine, or destroying property, these people are outstanding citizens.




0
 
LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:leonstryker
ID: 37101766
I took a walk there yesterday during lunch. This is what I took away:

1. What a bunch of losers. Most of these guys are professional protesters.
2. Its a great tourist attraction.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37102615
Professional protesters?  What does that even mean?

Where did you go that you were able to determine the composition of the entire movement?  NY? DC? Atlanta?  Oakland?

3/4th's of Americans believe that the laws favor a very small, wealthy segment of the population.  As you're listening to the talking heads, see how many times you hear them mention income inequality.  That's a direct effect of the OWS protests.

You may hear Republicans complaining about class warfare.  The truth is that class warfare has been going on for decades, and now the class that's been losing ( the middle class) is getting angry and speaking up about it.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37102774
I got to enjoy dinner with my younger brother in law (21 yrs) and his new girlfriend, they started talking about OWS and how excited they were about it.  She expressed to me how completely messed up the system is.  You see, she has a double major and a double minor and is almost 50 grand in debt, but she is working her ass off.  This semester she has 18 hours and next she has 21.  She is above a 3.5 on her gpa.  The only real problem I see whith this thing for her is her majors and minors.  She is majoring in French and Religious Studies, with minors in Black Studies and Philosophy.  I'll give her the fact she is working her ass off in these classes, in fact she is far to busy to even have a part time job and she is a smart girl, I'm just not sure who would hire her and pay her enough to pay off these loans.
See for me, it's not the top 1% that are to blame for this poor girls future, it's the lies she's been told.  She's been told it's her right to attend college, that she should major in what she likes, that if she works hard then it all works out.  This poor girl is gonna get out of college owing almost as much as a house, with what to show for it?  Don't you think maybe should would have been better served to intern some place for 4 years.  No wonder she's bitching, I would be too.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37102978
That's an individual case Berger.   Some people do make poor choices.  I'm not familiar with what kind of jobs she could get with her education, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. If she's smart enough to have a double major and a double minor, she's probably smart enough to have figured out what doors her degree will open for her.

Why does she think the system is messed up; is it because tuition is outrageously high?  

For our country to be the advanced nation we want it to be, we NEED education.  Student debt has outpaced credit card debt.  

Wages for most Americans have stagnated, so yes, the majority  of students have a legitimate gripe; the price of education continues to increase, while the degree and opportunities you get as a result are worth less.

0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37103039
>>Where did you go that you were able to determine the composition of the entire movement?  NY? DC? Atlanta?  Oakland?

Well tell us where the normal ones are, Beetos.  

I'll let the elderly know so that they can feel safe that the OWS idiots won't push them down stairs.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37103048
>>, while the degree and opportunities you get as a result are worth less.

Surely we're better off after 3 years with the community organizer!
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37103130
Now that you mention it Cars, Obama did make a change to the government student loan process that cuts out the middle man, reduces cost, and makes it easier for students to get loans.  That change alone could save $60 billion over the next decade.


BTW - who pushed the woman down the stairs?  These are the first two comments from your link on FOXNATION no less:



[Moderator] 51 minutes ago
      There is nowhere in that video you can see anyone pushing her. She is surrounded by the people she left the building with.
 
   
     
      Moderator -- Your headline is brutally inaccurate as there is no clear evidence in this video that the unfortunate woman was pushed by anyone.

      Please rewrite and repost it to reflect a "fair and balanced" position. I know Fox News would never want to mislead anyone.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103145
Beetos, she wasn't meant to be an example of everyone.  I just thought it was interesting talking to her and what's been posted on this thread.  I can see where she's coming from, hell she's working her ass off, and once she gets out, she'll either have to get a masters or take some job with pay so low she'll have no hope of paying back her loans.  She was basically saying the system is messed up, because she has worked her butt off and should get to enjoy the fruits of her labor I guess.  She just keep saying how unfair it was for her to do all this stuff (take out loans, study hard, forego partying) and at the end of the day she has no opportunity and a mountain of debt.  I agree, it's not fair......what would make it fair?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103180
"makes it easier for students to get loans"

Kind of like the housing bubble, we need a new bubble....the education bubble, oh we already have that, well lets make it bigger.

What would happen if 18 year old kids were able to take out $100,000 loan from the gov't to buy a new car do?  Well they have to get to work.  Would the 18 year olds spend it wisely? How can people not see that?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37103214
There's a difference between a gov't loan and any other loan: namely, you can't get out of a gov't loan by bankruptcy - the gov't is gonna get theirs!

If that 18 yr old kid defaults on the loan, his pay could be garnished, his tax returns, whatever, for the next 20 years.

Gov't loans also only go up to a certain amount, so that $100,000 loan is likely to include some private loans as well.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103297
"his pay could be garnished, his tax returns, whatever, for the next 20 years."

Great, the kid gets an education that's not worth the money he paid for it AND we get the added bonus of screwing him over for the next 20 years.  Talk about heartless, have you no shame......you must be one of those evil 1%'ers.  What would happen if we allowed 18 year olds to buy cars with gov't loans.  The same thing you see now.........cars go up dramatically, car quality go down.  Kids making bad choices on the car they get.......you would see the same thing you see now with college.  Would you give your 18 year old 20 grand and tell him to get whatever car he wants....without your input.  I hope not.......but we do this with education and wonder why it turns out bad.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37103337
I'm not getting your point berger.    Are you saying the gov't is wrong for providing student loans?

I know I would not be where I am today without the gov't backed student loans I had.

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103347
Are you saying your out pushing old ladies down some stairs?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37103400
WTF does that even mean?   What IS your point?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103506
I was just kidding with that. :)  My point is two part.  Are student loans needed, sure, I've never said do away with them.  But it's just like the houseing bubble.  The gov't gets behind it, pushes loans, trying to make things fair.  It creates a bubble, how many people are bitching about how underwater they are on their house?  How many are bitching about how worthless their degree is?  And then the price gets pushed way out of context.  Don't you see the relation?  What has happened to the cost of a 4 year degree?  Why?  and please don't blame bush.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37103542
>> Are you saying the gov't is wrong for providing student loans?

I'm saying that.  You pay your f*ckin' loans and I'll pay mine.

Last thing I want to do is pay off some dip sh*ts loan when he/she majored in Eastern European art.



>>BTW - who pushed the woman down the stairs?

Casper?
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103558
My point is also, why is it everything the gov't jumps into and trys to make more fair always make it far more expensive.  Housing, healthcare, education.  They all get to the point we beg them to take over it, and how do they pay for it....they don't, they run a deficit.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37103629
But the gov't has backed student loans for years.  Obama just eliminated the middle man - processors who made a profit by connecting students with loans.  This reduces the cost.  How is that bad?

As far as the education bubble, yes, tuition is way to high.   The income from jobs you can get with a degree are not keeping pace with the cost of the degree.  Yes that's a problem - what is the solution?    

Of course, you can't sell your degree, and it takes much more involvement on your part than buying a house, so there's not the same speculation driving prices.  There are many more factors than that as to why they are different.

I guess the question is, what IS driving the cost of education so high?  

Cars, you seem to really hate education.  But I'll help you with this one - tax payers don't pay for student loans.   If you're worried about being on the hook for students who default on their loans, relax.  They can't.  See my post above - the gov't is gonna get theirs.   Student's who are in default at the end  of 20 years most likely will have paid far more than the original loan already, do to their higher interest, fees and penalties they will incur through late payments and defaults.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37103674
So what is driving the cost of education?

"Obama just eliminated the middle man"
Are these more jobs he's ended, along with the light bulb makers?

I didn't like LBJ but I did like this quote of his:
If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim".

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37103715
LOL - that's excellent Mr. Berger.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37104497
>>But I'll help you with this one - tax payers don't pay for student loans.

Hussein O. wants to reduce it down to 20 years, which is a *wink, wink* way of telling a philosophy major to pay the minimum and have it wiped out later (ie, buying votes).  There are alternate uses for that money, one of which is letting the owners of that money keep it.

Government should have no role in loaning out tax payer money...period.  No Constitutional basis for that. Sh*t like this is why we have an out of control deficit.

Community Organizer in chief
 
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37104579
Cars,

You're continually accusing Obama of buying votes no matter what he does.  Let me ask you, does it work the other way?

All these congressmen,  when they scream NO TAX INCREASES ON THE RICH!!!! - are they buying not only votes but campaign contributions?  How many congressmen are in the 1%?  I'll bet it's more than 1%!
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37104594
>>when they scream NO TAX INCREASES ON THE RICH!!!! - are they buying not

No. They're letting people keep their OWN money.  The money they earned working 14 hour days.  The money they received after taking a risk starting a business that put people to work.  

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37104605
You mean like George Soros and Warren Buffett?  Imelt?  OBAMA?

0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37105396
>> The money they earned working 14 hour days.  The money they received after taking a risk starting a business that put people to work.

Like the banks. Oh wait they took the money from Tax Payers who worked 14 hours a day & in end lost their jobs. How about the Coroprations? Oh wait they took the Tax Payers money & gave it to their shareholders and didn't create any jobs. They also paid off the Democrats & Republicans so no one will vote to tax them.

-Muj ;-/
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37107257
Is there an issue with the digestive system of OWS deadbeat bums?  It would be ironic, in that these idiots are parasites and parasites are known to cause digestive issues.


Protest in California: "Who Pooped on the Bank?!"
http://mrctv.org/videos/occupy-protest-california-who-pooped-bank
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Mujtaba_Alam_Khan
ID: 37107290
Cars loves reading poop stories.

-Muj ;-D
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37107330
>>Cars loves reading poop stories.

Not much choice when you're following the OWS bums.
0
 
LVL 16

Author Comment

by:carsRST
ID: 37107715
Not only do they go around throwing the elderly down stairs, but they also are making the homeless even more so.

My guess is the homeless would trade spots with them in a heartbeat.



As the Occupy Sacramento movement settles in for another night inside Cesar Chavez Park, another group sits, watches and wonders if they’ll ever get what they call “their park” back.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/11/07/homeless-clash-with-occupy-sacramento-protesters-at-park/
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37107944
If the tea party had dones these things can you imagine the headlines.
0
 
LVL 29

Expert Comment

by:leonstryker
ID: 37108227
>Professional protesters?  What does that even mean?

What it means is that those people do this for a living. I saw people protesting geneticly modified foods, financial institutions, global warming, meat consumption, income distribution, and globalization. Saw banners for both Communist and Anarchist movements.

Basically a convension of social discontents.

Where did you go that you were able to determine the composition of the entire movement?  NY? DC? Atlanta?  Oakland?

I have not made a determination of the "entire movement", if one can even call it as such. My impressions are based on what I saw as I visited the NY site, which is a 5 minute walk from where I work.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:beetos
ID: 37108756
Leon, only you can be sure of your personal experience - no one can debate you on that.

Yes, one can call it a movement because that's exactly what it is, whether you understand or respect that or not.

Cars,

I feel for you brother.  i just read a report on the OWS at Fox News and it was terrifying - I'm surprised there haven't been widespread murders yet!   Of course you must understand that Fox is VERY slanted - they will magnify any issue they can find and ignore anything else.   You might remember when they were promoting the Tea Party rallies?  

Any negative elements - racist signs, incoherent signs, fringe ramblings, militia group involvement, all down played or excused as "leftist false flag" tactics.  Meanwhile they claimed it was a grass roots movement of real Americans, ignoring the fact that they had corporate sponsors, busses, and Fox' own promotion and hosting of events!

The thing is, OWS is not an organized rally - it is a true grass roots horizontal movement.  You're seeing incidents because there are elements who see self-serving opportunities at these protests.  This is unfortunate, and there are those who by their actions are tarnishing the movement, but the movement by and large condemns these issues and tries to react accordingly.  

Regardless how you dismiss these "professional protesters/ hippie bums", their message is getting out, is resounding, and is going to have an impact on our national discourse and the direction this country takes.

Tea Parties' battle cry was "Take our country back" - but they never said back from what.  It seemed like just the right wing of the Republican party didn't like a Democrat in the White house.  OWS wants to "take our country back" but they're actually saying they want to take control back from the corporations and wealthy who have too much influence in Washington and return it to the people.  

0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:bergertime
ID: 37108855
beetos, that doesn't even make sense.  Return power back to whom?  The people......all people?  As you watch the OWS you can see they can't even agree on anything....they just want things to be different.......they want the rich to have less, they want to stop global warming, yet they want all their toys, they're against everything, yet FOR everything.  I guess at the end of the day, they're a lot like Al Gore, they want to in some way to limit what I can do, yet they are free to do as they please.  Maybe they just want the ability to make bad choices and not pay the price for poor choices.
What do they want?  Things to be more fair.  I'll never understand hoiw you can take something from someone who has earned it and give it to someone who has not earned it and call THAT fair.
0
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:Anthony Russo
ID: 37108894
Well said beetos. My problem with the OWS though is that they are getting a message out but nobody has any idea what to do about it, and then they come out with some outlandish things that just show how off the mark they are.

Metaphor time:

A house that a lot of people live in is on fire and nobody in the community knows. A group grows around it and starts screaming FIRE. They get the message out. The problem is none of them know anything about how to stop the fire. Nobody has a bucket of water or hose or anything. Then someone starts saying lets all throw sand on it to put it out. Lets poke it with a stick. They got their message out but they aren't really figuring out a way to help. They are just saying something is wrong.

The difference with the country is there is no bucket of water or hose that can just fix this. They don't know the answer to fix what the problem is, and honestly nobody else does either.

Oh yea, there is this other group that just wants to bulldoze the house down. It stops the fire, but doesn't really help the house, but they have their own house so don't care.
0