Hi Im trying to put together all the skills I have learn't and I appreciate that it is not perfect so please do not be too critical as all I wish to do is make use of the equipment I actually have and be able to put it down on paper and get it too work.
Once done I can then fine tune things next time round, knowing that I have a Foundation of knowledge knowing it actually works! As you will see Ive added the following for practical experience:
- NAT - Separates Internal from External network
- CBAC - Acts as a Firewall
- IP CEF - Cisco Express Forwarding - Load sharing less processor intensive instead of standard 'no ip route-cache' - for 'per-packet'
- FEC - Provides extra throughput but can be upto 16 Gbps even upto 8 Copper cables are used
- VTP - Server & Client
- Vlan - Single vlan 1
- DHCP - Allocates IP Addresses to Host client pc's
- DNS - Domain Name Service
Qns1. My Residential ISP - Netgear router runs Dhcp which I can disable which hopefully wont affect my diagram..? (Not ideal I know) Its all I have for Internet Access..!
Qns2. Can anyone advise?