home assistance

I was told by my neighbor that since I've recently lost my job and I'm in need of a working refrigerator, I could possibly qualify for some new plan under Obama as far as getting both a new refrigerator and possibly getting some insulation in my home for free or at a reduced cost.  I believe that it's supposed to be under some energy saving plan.  

Does anyone know something about this?
Who is Participating?
nickg5Connect With a Mentor Commented:
Here you see the 10% Federal Tax Credit on home insulation, etc.


There are Energy Star rebates, my Uncle got a nice rebate on a new water heater.


I too can recommend Craigslist. You'll find people getting ready to move and not wanting to take heavy stuff with them. Alot of movers just sell stuff and buy new-used when they get where they are going. Especially on long moves across the country, or things they bought for an apartment (versus a house)
You can get tax credits for home efficiency, those aren't tied to employment or lack of employment though.  

Is this what you're looking for?


you might want to explore these programs

If you are low on cash, I would try somewhere like craigslist.org. There are a lot of refrigerators on there for great deals... You can spend $100 now and buy one that gets you by until you have a new job.
dhsindyRetired considering supplemental income.Commented:
I would touch base with local church charities/and public charities.  They will usually help anyone in need.

Also, try dialing telephone number 2-1-1.  This is an Information & Referral Search service.  They may be able to give you a lead on who to call in your area.
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.