[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1605
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2010 Autodiscover is returning Mailbox FQDN name instead of CAS FQDN

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 CAS/HT and 2 MBX Servers. CAS/HT are using NLB.

RPCClientAccesServer had been properly configured to point to NLB fqdn.

When Outlook starts for the first time, Autodiscover returns Mailbox Server's FQDN instead of CAS or NBL's FQDN, which causes the auto configuration to fail. I have to manually change the server name to the CAS or NBL FQDN in order to get outlook configured.

Any Idea?
2 Solutions
there are quite a few things that could do this, usually it is a sign that the autodiscover process is failing all together

1) are these user connecting from inside the network or internet?
2) are these user joined to the domain ?

on a client open outlook CTRL + Right click on the outlook icon and test email autoconfiguration remove all check boxes and select ONLY autodiscover and run the test

is it successful ? go to the xml tab and copy paste the results
Rajith EnchiparambilOffice 365 & Exchange ArchitectCommented:
Although you have stamped the rpcclientaccessserver on the databases, you need to configure the internal autodiscover properly, the autodiscoverserviceinternaluri.

Check http://www.howexchangeworks.com/2011/07/how-outlook-2007-clients-connect-using.html and http://www.howexchangeworks.com/2011/07/service-connection-point-scp-in.html
garconerAuthor Commented:
HI Guys,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I found the answer by myself. The problem was with ssl certificate. I changed the certificate but exchange hadn't update IIS configuration properly. In IIS Manager, within Default web Site, I choose the new certificate in the drop-down list at binding options. After that, autodiscover came back to work fine again.

I will share the points to both of you since you gave some efforts on helping me here.

Featured Post


Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now