Migration to ESXI 5.0 went terribly wrong
Posted on 2011-10-31
Here is the situation:
- We had a Windows 2008 server running on a unbuntu server with vmware player
- We had a DC Windows 2008 SBS server running on a unbuntu server with vmware player
- We made copys of the virtuals to external hard drives
- We installed new hardware: 2x Intel core i5, Asus P7Q57-M DO, 16GB DDR3 memory
- We kept de hard drives
- We installed Esxi 5.0 on both servers
- We converted with Vmware VCenter Standalone the 2008 servers with success
- We installed Vmware tools on th servers
- We made a software raid configuration on both servers: we made another virtual disk which serves as RAID1
- Everything seemed to work, untill:
- Our server 2008 suddenly gave a "The username or password is incorrect" error, this hapend after 3 days (this server runs our databases)
- Clients when logging in often get a acces denied when showing their desktops, after reboot it sometimes goes away
- We decided to convert the database server again, after 5 hours we get "The username or password is incorrect"
- Now I get the following error on my SBS 2008 while accessing the active directory: naming information cannot be located the target principal name is incorrect.
Can anyone help?