I am creating a procedure for Exchange server 2010 SP1 disaster recovery . basically a "what to do " document if this server dies.
what we have:
- Daily Backup of exchange Mail Store database
- Daily Backup of Exchange Public Folder database
We are using DPM to backup , we have many restore points available.
We prefer not to use BareMetal option since this server is located in a remote location.
Here is my thought :
- Rebuild the server and join to the domain ( same old name and IP address)
- Re-install exchange with desasterrecovery switch , so it reads configurations from active directory
- Restore Mail and Public Folder databases using DPM 2010
any suggestions ? do we need to configure anything else ? (e.g. Send/Receive connectors , etc ?)