We currently have about 25 users using Adobe Acobat 9 Standard. I have a couple of users that experience a runtime error when they try opening up Acrobat.
Error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. "
This is a domain enviroment, windows XP / Win Server 2003. None of my users have roaming profiles of any sort. in order to fix the issue i usually have to remove the profile on their local machine and then recreate it. This will fix the issue but i have noticed where the problem comes back either several weeks later or so. I have made sure to download all of the updates from Adobe. Currently we are version 9.4.6. I have looked online everywhere and even the adobe forums but they all say that this is a known issue when the network is setup with roaming profiles. All we have is a script that maps two network drives to one server for all of my users.