We currently have and SMS 2003 running on a Windows 2003 Ent., Physical server, recently we deploy a SCCM 2007 SP2 on a Windows 2008 R2 (Hyper-V - VM), we decided to extend the AD Schema after the SCCM installation and before extending the schema we configure everything but the boundaries. After extending the schema made the SMS 2003 a child site, and keep the SCCM as Primary site, we have gone through the process of migrating SMS 2003 to SCCM 2007, I am able to see from the parent site the child site (which is the SMS 2003), but from the SCCM 2007 in the Addresses options under Site Settings, but I can see the primary site from the Child but it has an XXX – (Unknown) where XXX is the site name, we have followed the Flowchart provided by Microsoft, but we are stuck in the “Use an existing client installation method at the SMS 2003 site to upgrade and reassign clients to the new Configuration Manager site”
I have even executed “Preinst.exe /Syncchild XXX, I was able to see the child without the Unknown part (XXX – This is the name of the Child), but I can still see from the child the Unknown name.
I am attaching a screenshot of what I have, I can see the child from the parent, but I cannot see anything under the child, such as collection, packages, etc. screenshot-sccm.PNG