I will simplify this.
1. I have 2 user controls. They each have one field. For example, last name and phone number
2. Last name and phone are both user controls is required
3. I have a requiredfieldvalidtor in each user control for the lastname textbox and phone textbox
4. Both user controls have a submit button
5. I place both user controls on a page. One top of the page, the other one below it.
Since both fields are required and I have required field validator on both fields...I enter something in Phone textbox BUT nothing in lastname (because this is on UC1). I click sumbit but the fieldvalidator in UC1 gets activated (the one for last name).
I need the validators to only work for that specific user control. How can I do this?